Chapter 3

Don't you dare come at me with your, "I saw it coming" speech!

None of you guys are psychics. In fact, if you are, then you are the ones who jinxed this for me.

"Are you sure about this, Nicolas?" Sallie questioned for the third time. Ask again Sallie. Now I see why my mother loves you so much. I mentally championed her.

The other girls were already gone, and Sallie was also leaving. She stood next to Nicolas, and he whispered something in her ear, then she nodded and left. Okay... you just going to leave me here?

Nicolas was standing three feet away from me. He was staring down at me, with an intense scrutinising gaze that left me nervous. My eyes could barely stay focused on his face and now that I was close to him, I realised how gorgeous he really is.

I coyly looked at the ground, which seemed so fascinating. I tend to be shy around people I'm not familiar with.

This was it! The day I got to have my first conversation with the great Nicolas Walker. I had everything planned out for a day like this, but right now, all that was ruined by the fact that he chose me to be part of the hockey team.

I looked up at him since he was about 5'8 foot tall noting how funny it was that I had to look up at him while he had to look down at me.

I opened my mouth to say something like three times but protested against it, each time. I did not know where to start. I had to beg him to take me out of this hockey thing, but I had to do it in such a way that he would sympathise with me, and I knew he would because everyone knew Nicolas was a level-headed guy.

Here goes nothing...

"Umh...eh...is there like... like a reason you chose me?" I stammered as I self-consciously asked.

His smooth lips parted as he talked. "Why? Should I be worried?" He steadily asked. His voice, although steady, was a little hoarse and deep.

"Y-yes? You should be worried that you chose me for hockey," then I started, "You just chose the wrong person. I have zero athletic skills. Literally n-no skills at all. To top it off, I know nothing about hockey. I already have a lot going on at school right now and this will just make everything worse. Maybe you should pick some other n-normal person." I ended, feeling so anxious.

I looked at his handsome face. His calm demeanour had vanished into one of
annoyance.

Did I ruin everything?

"I thought you didn't talk," Nicolas smirked. "I mean, every time that Jared kid teases you in class, you never come back at him but right now you seem to be doing that at the wrong time."

What have I done?

"And I'd suggest you don't ever use that speech was on anyone, please," the corner of his lips twitched a bit, "Seriously, it's kind of pathetic. Since you are going to be in the hockey team let me make things clear; hockey practice is every Wednesday and Friday, you will also get your uniform on Friday and all the other rules I will explain later. Cool?"

Was this the Nicolas that everyone else talked about?

''N-no we are not-" I replied, about to say something else when he interrupted me.

"As you can see," he gestured to the field, "The other guys are busy practising, and I have to join them. You can just sit here and watch the game," he finished.

We will see about that.

''Yes we will. I will be watching you, Camilla."

Sh*t I said that loudly!