CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

ALONSO

For over a month, the only sign of any Russian men Alonso and Nicholas have seen is the bald old man who brought them their food every day. That all changes, however, when both Dante and Ivan enter the dark cell.
"Well, hello boys." Dante greets them as he gives Nicholas a wide smirk.
"That looks bad." Ivan comments as he walks towards Alonso and stab his finger into the Italian man's wound. A day earlier, Alonso made the mistake of asking the old man why they have not seen Ivan for a while. As a result, one of the guards entered the cell as soon as the old man exists. The guard stabbed Alonso on the same spot where he received a wound when he first got kidnapped.
Ivan aims to make Alonso scream in pain. Thus, the Italian mafia boss refuses to give his enemy what he desires. All Alonso does is deliver the sharpest glare he can master causing Ivan to hiss at him e he takes a step back and stands next to Dante.
"We come bearing news." Dante's smile causes Alonso's panic to abruptly rise and reach its peak. Something is not right.
"Your people finally managed to pin point your location. Although I will admit we might have helped them a little." Ivan brags.
"What did you do?" Nicholas asks with greeted teeth. Alonso can see the anger in his friend's eyes; it has been there since Ivan's last visit. The way his Brazilian has been acting tells Alonso that everything the Russian mafia boss claimed that day is true. Still, Alonso refuses to judge or think anything until he hears Crystal's side of the story; something he doubts Nicholas is willing to do. After all, his friend has been keeping his thoughts to himself no matter how much Alonso has tried to get him to talk.
"You know Nick, the history of spies betraying your mafia is about to become legendary. I mean, twenty years ago, your father's spies' betrayal lead to your mother death; and now, the betrayal of your spies is about to get you sister and dear brother killed, who we have finally found." Ivan walks around the dark space as he taunts Nicholas.
"Yeah, you will not imagine how angry I was when we found out that your brother is the one who tried to save you from our men back in Greece. He was right there within our clutches. Sadly, we did not know that he was Zaire Moreno; my dear nephew." Alonso looks at his chains as he recalls the day they got kidnapped. A guy, a few years younger than them did tried to save them, he even took a bullet for Nicholas.
For some reason, Alonso has not thought about that guy at all in the past two months. Perhaps it was because he has had a lot on his mind.
"My anger was reduced when I learned that he has been in a coma ever since Ivan's men shot him. He is completely helpless.
"Milo will never allow you to touch his son." Alonso answers before Nicholas can.
"Well you see Alonso, the men from both the Italian and the Brazilian mafia are now on their way to us. They stupidly left the women alone with an unconscious Zaire alone with only a few men to guard them."
"How do you know this?" Alonso can see Nicholas' ire turn into panic, and Alonso himself is not feeling any better.
"I told you Nick, your mafia has a history has a history of being betrayed by its spies. Brazilian men are easily manipulated by money and women." Alonso finds himself wishing to wipe Ivan's smile with a shovel. Unfortunately, the chains detain him a little too well.
"What did you do?" Nicholas asks again with a cold face even though his eyes reveal every emotion he feels. Neither Ivan nor Dante answer him. All they do is give the chained men evil smiles.
"You had the Brazilian spies tell Lucas our location." Alonso finally realizes after staring at hid foes for a few minutes.
"You really are smart Alonso." Dante praises.
"In case you have not figured it out yet, I am going to tell you our evil plan. Crystal and Zaire are alone in a house in Armenia. Your mother and sister are there as well Alonso. Anyway, let's just say that we exploited the fact that they barely have anyone to protect them and we have prepared a little surprise for them."
"What surprise?" Nicholas demands.