Late!

Lavender Gilmore stood in fount of her bedroom mirror putting on her mascara desperately trying to make herself look more presentable. She sighs as the dark bags under her eyes from lack of sleep slightly peaks through her concealer. Suddenly she hears her sister Rory screeching at the woman who gave them both life, Lorelai Gilmore. Or more commonly know in the Gilmore house, Mom.
"It's 7:10!" Lavender hears her younger sister scream
"stop! it's a quarter to six" Lorelai reply's sounding slightly out of it
"No it's not!" Rory's replies getting more annoyed
"yes, it is I set the clock for a quarter to six so it's..." Lavender walks in just as Rory shoves the little blue furry clock from the nightstand right in their mothers face. And much to Lorelai's surprise it read 7:10am,
"It's 7:10 dammit!" Lorelai says sounding alarmed as she jumps out of bed.
"We can't be late on our first day of school. Do you know what happens to people when they're late on their first day?" Rory asks
"its shorter?" Lorelai replies sarcastically. Lavender let's out a small giggle resulting in her sister giving her a dirty look. She was clearly stressed. Lavender knew how much starting chilton meant to Rory and she felt bad that today didn't start out how her younger sister hoped. 
"for the rest of the year they're labeled the 'late girl'." Rory says grumpily
"oh so dramatic. Wheres the bathroom?" Lavender leads her mother to the bathroom as Rory follows getting more stressed by the minute
"We have to go! What if there's traffic? Mom!" Rory nags as Lorelai walks into the bathroom. "I'm gonna go and start the car" Lavender yells out to her mom as she makes her way downstairs.
Walking outside Lavender grabs her packet of cigarettes and pops one in her mouth. She could already tell today was going to be a long day. Her thoughts raced as she stood there waiting for the other 2 Gilmore girls. Lavender felt Excitement, but also a small amount of dread knowing that this school will be much stricter than Stars Hollow High. Therefore meaning she won't be able to get away with her normal antics. Not that she would be able to or want to anyway without her friends. Not that lavender was worried about making friends. Lavender was very social so this came easily to her, she was however slightly worried about how Rory would get on. Not that Rory would care, Rory would be quite happy sitting alone at lunch reading. 'I bet rich kids throw killer parties' Lavender thought a smirk appeared on her face at the thought.
However that smirk was instantly removed when Lorelai makes her way out of the house wearing a rather interesting outfit, Rory running behind her.
"This is the last time I let you buy something just because it's furry" Lavender Tells her mother as she Laughs
Lorelai rolls her eyes at her daughter "shut up" she mumbles "and get rid of that cigarette!" Lorelai says more aggressively
Lavender just rolls her eyes stomping out her cigarette on the ground before she jumped in the back seat of her mothers old Jeep.

A/N
Not super happy with this so I might change it? I just didn't wanna not update for ages sooo yeah. What do you think so far? anything I could work on? Let a girl know