Chapter VII

Chapter VII ─ Silence

[ B R Y A N   C L A Y ]

The last few days have been a mixture of confusion, sadness, anger and most importantly silence. It was already Tuesday of the following week after I had embarrassed myself and fainted in the locker room like a little girl.

At this point, I knew I was just stalling and dreading to go back my routine, I have been cooped up inside my house, refusing to step through the door for even a mere second. I felt unusually vulnerable and uncertain about everything.

Now, these kinds of episodes weren't a rare occurrence, however, this time things were drastically different. I wasn't left alone with my mind to overthink my past, my family or the situation with Jen. Surprisingly, I have been able to stay clear from any kind of malicious thought, except for one.

I expected to have trouble dealing with my emotions after Kyle had announced the 'partnership' exercise with the East, but I didn't expect it to be this difficult.

Michael Griffin was on my mind again.

When I opened my eyes that Friday afternoon, lying in an unfamiliar, sterile smelling room, the first thing I saw was him, staring off into space - deep in thought. I don't know what came over me, but I felt an unfamiliar panic surge through my entire body when I laid my eyes on his.

 I had tried to mentally prepare myself to be as hostile as possible, just so I didn't fall into his grasp again. I couldn't afford to be toyed with again, my mental health would plummet even further.

But at that moment, all of my effort to be as hostile as I possibly could nearly jumped straight out of the window. When I saw that ginger beauty sitting in front of me, I nearly lost it, not in a good way. There he was, Michael Griffin, my former best friend and my first unrequited love, sitting in right in front of me, just a couple feet away from me.

Way back when we were still inseparable, my feelings confused the living fuck out of me and now, over four years later, they did the same.

I tried my best to push away my feelings away from me, I tried my best to stop craving his attention, to hate him for what he did to me and for a while I managed to convince myself that I did.

Although I think I was just trying to fool myself. I was young, hurt, lost and my life had just been torn into shreds by my sister at such a young age. But when she targetted my best friend and won him over, that was when I truly lost everything.