❨06❩

♀︎

Crossing my arms in front of my chest, I try to ignore the coldness dancing through the wind, repeatedly forcing shivers in my body. It is my fault for allowing Dani to choose my outfit for the night, even though the black mom jeans and black lace bodysuit tucked into them are very fitted for me. But still, lace in this cold weather is the recipe for disaster. Luckily for me, it is only lace around my shoulders and down my arms, so my stomach is safely tucked away under clothes. 

"Are you ready for the party, Kota?" Dani asks me, her excited smile is rubbing off on me as I reciprocate. We promised each other to enjoy tonight, let loose, have fun, so that is exactly what I will do.

"I mean, we are 18 after all, it is vital that we allow ourselves some time to have fun every once in a while," I smirk at her, tucking my hair behind my ear so I can see her better.

"Tonight is gonna be so dope, both of us are in the right mindset!"

As she throws an arm over my shoulder I laugh and guide her up the driveway to Relly's huge house, my own house is pretty big, but this is just insanity and seemingly unnecessary since they are three people living under that huge roof. Dani shakes my shoulders in excitement as her arm falls from me, I open the big door to the booming sound of music reaching us. 

As my eyes adjust to the darker scenery, I see her entire living room space has been turned into one big dance floor. Clearly people are already drunk and enjoying themselves, Relly is in the middle, her blonde hair very easy to spot. She sees us as soon as I close the door behind Dani, where she comes running in our direction.

"Guys! You made it, you actually came!" She screams before hugging both of us. 

Dani and I laugh at her eagerness, "Dani promised you after all, where is the beer though?"

Relly smirks, "So we are on wave length tonight then, alcohol is in the kitchen. We also have vodka, by the way."

She does not stay for long, chatting a little but then excusing herself to go dance again. I will need a slight buzz before I venture onto the dance floor, dancing is not my best trait, but with the right amount of beer I can definitely throw my hips around to the beat of the music. Dani's eyes are searching the crowd, probably looking for her flirt. Brock is a guy from our high school, they deny any attraction but always hook up at parties. My bet is on an upcoming relationship, but Dani is stubborn enough to prove a point and only hook up.

"Should we go get a drink?" She asks when not spotting him. 

"We most definitely should," I tug her with me by her hand, making sure I do not lose her in the mass of sweaty bodies. Their grinding disturbs me when it is me being the target of it, so as we finally reach the kitchen I must have excused myself and politely declined at least ten times.

"It is funny seeing you squirm, it doesn't happen very often," My best friend laughs as she grabs two beers from the fridge, handing one to me. She also pours six shots of some strawberry liquor, scooting three of them in front of me. As she begins chugging down her own three, I throw mine into my mouth, trying not to gag at the taste.

I open the beer and take a desperate sip, trying to get the gross taste out of my mouth, "I am way too sober for people's bodies to be grinding up against me."

"Yeah, well give it an hour, then you will be the one out there making people squirm."

Smiling at Dani and walking into the living room again, I look around, observing who I know from this mass of people. Maybe I can find someone within the next hour, so I won't be alone when my best friend leaves me to have sex with Brock. It isn't even a possibility that I ask her to stay behind with me, our golden rule is to never be cock blockers, even though Dani is the only one of us who has had sex before. Minor detail.

The music is so loud that the beat makes my heart beat faster, it is funny how music can to that to you. The front door opens from across the room and in steps a huge frame, already knowing it is Brock based on the squeal coming from Dani. She grabs my hand and roughly tugs me in his direction, the annoyance of having to dodge drunk people is getting a little too much. 

When we make it to a smiling Brock, Dani throws herself in his arms, but only lets go of me in the last moment, making me fly forward. Face first into the wall. Well damn, if this isn't the epitome of third wheeling. Rubbing my nose I scowl at her and she doesn't even glance my way. 

Deciding that I would rather have a date with my beer outside, I stalk towards the front door. Fresh air hits my nostrils and provokes me to take a deep breath, this is clearly what I need. Observing the huge porch, I can make out one person sitting alone to my left and some girls making out to my right. Well I surely do not want to get in the middle of that.

Turning to the left I sit down across from the stranger and chug down the beer in one go, I did promise myself to get drunk after all. This is the right way to do it. Unfortunately, I am a huge lightweight, so the shots are already making my mind foggy and limbs numb. In a way, it is exactly what I need so I welcome the sensations and buzz the alcohol is providing for the time being. Placing the empty beer next to me on the bench, I relax into the seat and enjoy the nightly air.

"Seeing you emptying that drink in one go definitely tempts me to join in on the fun," A somewhat recognizable deep voice says a humorous tint to his words. Meeting his eyes I am thrown off by the radiant green staring back at me, it's the stranger from lunch this Tuesday. "You should probably be careful though."