❨13❩

♀︎

Standing up with a proud chin I smirk at Caspar, "I find it quite hilarious how you honestly believe you have a chance with me. Your little posse, your crude remarks, your threats, your constant need to be cheered on, those are some of the attributes that make you extremely unattractive. Personal preference, of course, but I don't enjoy douchebags and I surely would never stoop as low as dating one."

For a second I see a small ounce of doubt, but when he realizes we have formed a crowd from the other incoming students as well, he smirks at me instead, "You've never had a taste, now how can you deny all this?" His extreme hand gestures are referring to his body, spotting the creepy glint in his eyes. 

I scoff in disbelief at his words, "And that, my friend, is the epitome of conceited. I hate unnecessary drama and I hate boy toys such as yourself, but you're honestly starting these fights with me all the fucking time. I'm no muppet and I've had enough of your ridiculously embarrassing ways of trying to enhance yourself, it is so arrogant. If anything it only makes you look like an even bigger dick."

"Are you saying I have a big dick, 'cause I can show you mine if you'd like?" He winks, the action is so revolting to me.

Don't gag, don't gag, don't gag, don't gag.

Elijah suddenly bursts out laughing next to me, and my eyes cut to his immediately. I have never seen him laugh like this before, so the performance distracts me completely from Caspar and his gross statements. Elijah is clutching his stomach and bends over himself, trying to catch a breath between rounds of laughter. The easy smile that falls on my lips is concerning, but I can't seem to remove it. Apparently, he sees how ridiculous Caspar is acting, too.

"Is there a problem, Black?" Caspar spits, of course, leave it to the jock to use last names as a threat. Can this get any more pathetic? Not that I am challenging the ways this world works, I would rather have my peace and quiet.

"Dakota," Elijah laughs, the happy glint in his eyes shakes me in my gut. "I can't deal with how your face contorted right there, I don't even think you noticed. He was in the spitfire, was he not?"

I giggle and sit down again, smiling at him as he sobers up, "As you know by now, I hate conceited boys and arrogant boys offering me a peek at their dick... Yeah, no, it isn't really my thing."

"Noted, love," He smirks at me and I forget about everyone around us. "I won't offer anything then."

His words and the little smirk on his lips completely throw me off, it's hypocritical of me to hate it when Caspar tries flirting with me, but when Elijah does it I am a literal mess. Not that I can control it, Elijah just has this vibe it's extremely charming and I find myself very drawn to it. 

The teacher steps in and Caspar, whom I had completely forgotten finally leaves us and joins his friends. They are clearly taunting him with how they visibly make fun of his moves, not that I care, he has been trying for so long now and it's frustrating having to defend myself constantly. 

My eyes find Elijah's next to me, as he gives me an easy smile. Breathe, Dakota. He leans back in his seat and crosses his arms, the action making them flex on me and my eyes zero in on it before I have the chance to help myself. 

"My eyes are up here, Dakota," He smirks, my name falling so perfectly from his lips. The lips I wanted to kiss minutes ago and in school at that, where the hell has my brain gone? 

"Says the guy who just indirectly offered me to see his dick," I tease back, lightly pushing his shoulder with my own. 

Elijah widens his eyes in mock surprise, "I did not, you must have mistaken me for the douche over there."

"Quite impressive," I start with a smirk, "Not many times a girl gets two offers like that, maybe I should hit him up."

He nods in Caspar's direction and a small glare suddenly appears on his face, "Yeah, he truly could rock your world with his crude dirty talk, I'm absolutely certain of it."

"Your sarcasm is out of my league, Elijah," His eyes look at me again, as they loosen up and a smile falls on his lips. It's weird how even looking at Caspar makes him tense and grumpy, maybe I should ask him about what happened at the party. 

"You are out of my league, love," He whispers to me as he leans in closer, making sure no one else heard him. I control the blush threatening to appear before my chance of embarrassing myself becomes a reality. 

"Okay, class!" Out teacher breaks my spell with Elijah, clearing my throat I focus on him, "Today we will be partnering up for yet another project, and before you annoy me with your groaning for lifting a little finger, I would like to inform you what the assignment is. Your principal wants everyone to turn in a social project during their senior year, unfortunately for me, he uses my classes to do so. He wants a 10-page assignment on your ideas of 'Chemistry', it can be about my class, about the bonds you have created here in high school. I don't really care. Since he wants me to waste my time saying this, I won't dive in too deep. You are partners with the one you are sitting next to and it should be handed in on his desk within a month. There you go, now let's learn some real chemistry," He groans out, clearly not happy with the fact that our principal wants his class to assign this weird task. 

Elijah leans in, the warmth from his body grazing mine, "Guess you're stuck with me, partner. I already have some ideas on our intense chemistry," He pauses with a knowing smirk. "Project."

I laugh lightly at him, "Of course you do."