Part Nine

Ren hurried to the control room. There was a tense silence when he arrived.

"What is wrong?" His mechanized voiced filtered through his mask. General Hux turned toward him.

"There has been an uprising in the prison district on Corellia. The prisoners are declaring war on the First Order but it is unknown if they will join the resistance or form a separate group. So far there have been no rebel sightings but they are sure to arrive to begin negotiations. Now is our chance to attack." Ren knew the uprising had to be squashed. An idea struck him. Corellia did not have a massive population and the numbers that were participating in the uprising were even smaller. The risk of danger was low. It would be a great chance for a certain trainee to gain real world experience. Kylo grinned underneath his mask.

"Ready the ships. We leave as soon as possible."
——————-

Alwyn was going to Corellia. To fight. She didn't really know how to respond when Kylo told her. He seemed excited so it was hard for Alwyn to be completely against the idea. She was wary at first. Alwyn definitely did not want to risk hurting innocent people. She voiced her fears to Kylo and he explained that the place was a prison district. The people there had committed terrible crimes. Some had murdered men, women, and even children. Alwyn was not against serving justice to those who deserved it and she knew that these people could not go free. Kylo had given her a blaster that was more a pistol than a rifle, and also a long knife like the ones they had trained with yet this one could spark with electricity. She didn't dress in the black of the First Order but instead chose a grey shirt and dark green bottoms. The blaster tucked into her waistband nicely and the knife hung from her belt. Alwyn met up with Kylo and they boarded a ship. It was a short ride to the planet or so Alwyn thought. She was so nervous that she missed the entire flight. When they started descending Ren turned to face her.

"Remember your training. Watch your back and try to stay close." He placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked into the black mask and nodded once. The shipped landed rather softly and Alwyn was eager to see her first bit of daylight in weeks. There was a moment of peace while Alwyn took in the sight of the trees and the smell of grass that she hadn't realized she'd missed. A shot echoing through the clearing broke the silence. A stormtrooper fell down dead and the up-risers were upon them. Alwyn drew her blaster and started firing at the brown clothed people that stood out among all the white of the stormtroopers. Kylo was cutting through the crowd like butter. She could see the bright red of his lightsaber and made sure to always keep it in sight. Alwyn was pushed from behind and she toppled to the ground with a grunt. Her blaster flew from her hand and landed a few feet away. A man stood over her. He had a scar where one of his eyes should have been and he grinned down at her. Alwyn tried to get to her feet but the man's foot caught her in the side. Her breath was ripped out of her. He kicked her again and Alwyn was gasping for breath. Her arms reached toward her blaster and her fingertips skimmed its bottom. The man came closer and Alwyn kicked him causing him to fall and she crawled to her gun. She turned back around as the man was regaining his footing and shot him in the chest. Alwyn had never shot a person that close before. She had never been close enough to see the life drain from their eyes and it terrified her. Though, as much as she wanted to stop, the battle raged around her still. She jumped back up quickly but she knew her ribs would definitely be bruised in the morning. Yay. As the battle continued on, the number of stormtroopers seemed to be getting smaller than the number of prisoners. Had Kylo been wrong about the population of the prison district? It sure seemed that way. Alwyn was growing tired but the enemy just kept coming. She tried to find Kylo in the swarm of people. The red light drew her eye to the middle of a large group of people. Kylo was completely surrounded by the prisoners who were all shooting blasters at him. His arms were moving furiously to block all of the beams shot at him.

Alwyn started to shoot at the people surrounding him until none remained

Alwyn started to shoot at the people surrounding him until none remained. No one saw the prisoner assumed dead on the ground raise his blaster weakly. Alwyn was the first one to see Kylo Ren go down. She ran to him. He had been shot in his side. The wound was singed around the edges but blood still poured from it. Alwyn ripped a piece from her shirt and pressed down on the wound. With her other hand she removed his helmet, with much struggle. His curly hair fell around his head and was plastered to his face with sweat. She brushed it out of his face and his eyes slightly opened to look at her.

"Alwyn." He breathed. His hand reached out and her tried to push her away.

"Go. Get back to the ship." Alwyn shook her head and pressed harder on his wound causing him to gasp.

"I am not leaving you." Alwyn looked around. The stormtroopers seemed to have the upper hand again and the enemy numbers were shrinking. A determination filled her heart.

"I'm getting you back to the ship." She looked him in the eyes until his closed, passed out from the pain. Alwyn knew she had to hurry if there was to be any chance of saving his life. She lifted him from under his arms and started the long haul back to the ship, trusting that the troopers would keep the prisoners away. He was extremely heavy and Alwyn was thankful that her training had made her stronger. Her muscles still burned from the intense strength she was having to use. She could see the ship, she was almost there. Alwyn set Ren down for a brief second to readjust him and get a better grip. A smile almost graced her face until a horrible, torturous pain filled her body radiating from her front. She fell to her knees, Kylo now beside her. Her hand came up to her stomach and came away completely red. She had been shot. The irony of the situation threatened to make her laugh. Maybe she was just delirious from the pain. Blackness started to creep around the edges of her mind numbing the pain. The last thing she saw was two stormtroopers running toward her before she fell to the ground and into the blackness.

—————-
A/N
Well that was fun to write lol
Comments/suggestions always welcome❤️