The Force.

The Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4 was led by none other than Luke Skywalker himself, but I, Karva Daemon, was brought here not too long ago on my 17th Birthday

The Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4 was led by none other than Luke Skywalker himself, but I, Karva Daemon, was brought here not too long ago on my 17th Birthday. My parents noticed I was force sensitive when I was able to pick up a spoon while looking at it. They pushed me to be this way and it's always better to be this way. I would have terrible nightmares as well but that was resolved once I had come here.

95% of the year was filled with rain but the greenery was worth it as well as being able to practice easily in a secluded place. As Luke walked around us as we sat on the ground, with our eyes closed, meditating and understanding what it means to find our strength. He would drop a pebble to the ground and we would have to stop it from ever hitting without looking.

It is annoying yes, but when we are Padawans we listen to our Jedi masters. I hear the footprints and the sound of his older voice moving to infront of me. As he drops it, I stop it immediately. From the way he stops speaking and the slight pull of my energy, he has grabbed it. I squint one eye and open the other to look at him and he nods once, continuing on. I close my eyes again and smile to myself.

"May the force be with you all." He speaks and I open my eyes, standing up. I look towards the windows and sigh lightly as I was planning on going outside to explore what more I can lift.

"Rest your mind today." Luke speaks and I bow slightly. "Yes Master Skywalker." He places his hands into his sleeves and looks to me. "You May go." I nod and start walking to my room with shared beds, where other Jedi's like me would sleep. Every girl is changing out of their Attire and wearing our practice gear because other then the wool robes, it's more comfortable. I slip on the baggy sweater and pull up the pants, fastening my boots.

I start walking through the bricked corridors and holding my hands behind my back. I look out the windows as I walk and furrow my brows as I step into the dining hall. I grab my food and take a seat at one of the tables. Thala-Siren Milk, portion bread, Prickly fruit, and a stew of sorts and a small thing of water.

I scrunch my nose at the smell of the Stew and know that it's Stewed Porg. The cute creatures with big eyes and webbed feet, something you wouldn't want to eat. I pour the water and then mix it in with the back of my spoon as I watch it grow in size. Soon after the seats fill up beside me. "So Kar, did you catch the pebble?" I look up to my friend, Miso, with her short hair with several braids. "Of course I did." I say and nod as I pick the fruit apart, eating the sweetness up. "I did too but then it hit the ground." She nods and looks at my stew. "Go Ahead." I read her mind before she even asks.

"Get out of my head!" She points her spoon at me before she eats it. "You think so loudly." I combat her and she shrugs. I take my bread and tear pieces off as I glance over to the table across from us, Ben Solo, Luke Skywalker's nephew. He normally sits with friends but today has chosen to sit alone. "I wish I was apart of their family." Miso speaks and I shrug. "Why? So you could be famous?" I let out a soft laugh and sip my blue milk. "Yes actually. Because then I could be able to make a black lightsaber."

I raise my brows and nod slowly. "Mhm.. You would be so lucky, the rarest kind of them all." I finish my little bit of food and hum. "What training is next anyways?" She asks and I shrug. "Possibly teamwork. It could only be so fun." I say almost sarcastically.

She nods and we step to the next training session. I clasp my hands together as I stand in the group of others. "Alright young Padawans, teamwork is key. When we fight, we fight together. When someone needs help, we work together in order to finish our mission." Luke Skywalker says and I huff. I wouldn't mind working with others, but only if they would listen.

He starts pairing groups and I place my hands onto my hips. "Miso, Karva, jinjin, and Ben." I step with Miso to Jinjin, who is a Twi'lek, her hearing organs pushed behind her back and she was taller than us just due to her species. Finally I look over to see Ben Solo standing beside us. He is taller but has somewhat meat on his bones. He looks down to me and clenches his jaw.

"This is going to be dangerous. But you have to make sure you work together. If you fall. No one will catch you." Luke speaks and I immediately look toward Luke and part my lips. Miso huffs and nods. "Well great." We all head outside where it's raining, our clothes already being drenched. We step to a cave, making sure to not slip on any wet rocks. We all stand before the opening and Luke points to me. "Karva, your group is up." I nod once and start walking. They all move beside me. "When you get in, find your way to the top. It is easier to get down once you're up."

I lick my lip and push my wet fly aways back. We step inside and look around. Water drips immensely from the ceiling, causing waterfalls almost. There's one small opening towards the top. "It's up there." Ben speaks and I look up to it. "We will have to climb it.." I say and Miso looks to me. "It's gonna be slippery but it's manageable." We make our way up small ledges and hold onto the rocks against the wall. I lean down onto my knee and hold my hands together. "Leaders are last." I say. It's what we are taught. No Jedi left behind.

Miso nods and places her foot into my hand, boosting herself up. She presses against the rock and climbs up the hole. She's smaller so it's easier. And it's kinda her strong suit. Next is Jinjin who easily hops up and moves quickly with her long arms. She's lucky for rough hands. Ben looks down at me and I nod for him to get up. "You won't reach." He says and his black hair is sticking to his face from the wetness. "I can jump. Go." I say and he uses one foot, then climbs up. I nod and wave my hands slightly, jumping up and grabbing onto the rock. I pull myself up but the sweater is too heavy. I let go and huff, pulling the sweater from my body. I throw it to the side and stretch my arms.

I hop up again and climb up slowly. I grit my teeth slightly and reach up. I take a breath. I take one hand off and hang from the other and look down and realize how far down it is, enough to break several bones.

I reach back up and one of the rocks slip. From my hand, dropping my arm. I try not to panic as I reach up again. I'm slipping.

I feel my hand release but another quickly wrapped on my forearm. I look up to see Ben who is holding onto me. It's like a slight tingle when I feel his skin against mine. I grab his own forearm and climb up, laying back onto the rock. I breathe heavily and then stand. "Thank you." I speak and he nods once, looking at me. I purse my lips and start walking down the rock to the bottom.

"Well done. No one was hurt." I nod to Luke and move to the side. I cross my arms to try and shield my body from the cold water. After several groups go. There are a total of three Jedi's who fell and broke bones. Once we walk inside and I pull at my wet hair to get the water from it. I walk to my room and huff, changing into my robes once more.

I braid my hair back and start walking down the hall, that's when I see Ben slide down it then comes to a stop and look directly at me. "I could have broken bones if it wasn't for you." I nod and he starts walking towards me. "I know. And you're welcome." I cross my arms. "Did you feel it?" He asks and I gulp slightly. "What do you mean?" I raise my brow. So I wasn't the only one to feel it..

He watches me and furrows his brows. "I knew it." He speaks and I part my lips. "Don't read my thoughts. That's invading." I clench my jaw and he looks up as a voice speaks. "Ben." Luke speaks and I look back to Luke. "Come." He speaks and Ben looks as if he is in trouble. I step away from Ben and he starts walking to Luke. "Karva. Go and study with the others." I look as Ben watches me and I nod, walking along.

Why had I felt this with him? How?