18

He froze.

"I was raped and beat " I whisper out.

"What?!" His voice cracked.

"At the palace"

He sook his head.
"No, no, you're lying " he whispered continuously untill he finally flipped. He shouted and flung the coffee table at the front door, denting it. Wood pieces flew everywhere. Fahad came in through the dented door seconds later.

"Me ke faruwa?(What is happening here)?" He asks, scanning the room; from me, to Saddam, to the shattered coffee table.

I was visibly shaking. If Saddam broke a table, Fahad will probably tear the whole house down and burn it with us inside.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE??!!!" He asked again. I flinched at his tone.

"Fahad, you need to calm down" I said shakily. I looked to Saddam for help but he was sitting on the ground. His head hung low, hot angry tears running down his face.

"Your sister was raped and beat" Saddam said.

Shit.

It got pin drop silent. I looked at Fahad and he was shaking. Unadulterated rage radiating off him.

"What?!" He asks with a lethal tone. I ran to my room and locked the door. More tears falling freely down my cheeks.

"Yasmeen!" Fahad thundered. I took my phone and called the first person that came to mind, no response. I called again and again. He picked on the fourth ring.

"Come please I need you" I rushed out with a shaky voice.

"I will tear down this door and you know I'm not bluffing." came Fahad's ice cold voice. The fact that he was keeping his rage at bay scared me. He is the hot headed one. He usually punches stuff, shout or injure him self when he is angry. What will he do to me? I ran to the door and unlocked it. He stared me down like he was going to hit me.

"Couch, now!" he ordered, venom lacing his tone. I scurried away to the sofa. Saddam was still crying, murmuring about how mama and baba will never forgive him. Tears poured down my face and my heart broke to a thousand pieces. I wanted to go to him. To hug him and tell him i was fine but I don't know what Fahad will do if I left this chair. And quite honestly, I don't want to find out.

The front door bursts open again and a terrified Mubasshir rushes in.

"Yasmeen what the-

Before I could blink, Fahad was at the door, tackling him. After gaining leverage, Fahad began raining angry punches down on his face. It took me a total of five seconds to react.

"FAHAD NOO!! STOP IT! STOP IT!" I was trying to get him off Mubasshir but he wouldn't budge. He pushed me away and continued to assault the prince. In seconds, there was blood on his fists and Mubasshir was almost unrecognisable. In the span of forty seconds, Fahad has managed to break his nose, bruise his entire face and give him a black eye. Blood was coming out of his mouth. He didn't fight back, even though he could. I feared Fahad has killed him.

Saddam came out of no where, flinging Fahad off a motionless Mubasshir.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Saddam asks his brother. Fahad stood and left the house, not before banging the door. The whole house shook. I hear his frustrated shout seconds later. I'm sure he is trying to beat up a tree.

I was knelt next to Mubasshir, crying like a child. I caused all this mess. I should have left him out of this. Now look at this mess. What if he dies?

"We need to get him to a hospital "

****

MUBASSHIR'S P.O.V

My head is pounding. I was sore as hell. It feels like I was bitch-slapped by the grim reaper.

Yasmeen was sitting in a chair next to me and her brother was by the door. I got angry instantly. Why did I let her dumb brother bash my face when I am perfectly capable of knocking seven shades of shit out of him?

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry Mubasshir " She moved to touch my face but I flinched, causing her to retract her hand. Hurt flashed through her eyes. She called me to her house to get my ass kicked? because she couldn't do it herself right? I am an ass but what did I do to deserve this?

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen I swear" she whimpered. Horse crap.

"Get out" I'm in no mood to look at her. She was trying to control her tears but failing. She cries too easily. Once again, I have made her cry. Something tugged in my chest but I ignored it.

"You set me up to get beat?" i said to her, although it didn't sound right even in my own ears.

She shook her head, having the audacity to look hurt.

I look to her brother, he was staring ahead, into nothing. Obviously not following what is happening at the moment. Did she tell them?

"You know i would ne-"

"I don't. I don't know you "

"Muba-"

"Get out!"

With the back of her hand holding her sobs at bay, she ran out of the room, breezing past her brother. His sister half-sprinting out broke him out of his trans.

"What did you say to her?!" He asks. I ignore him, reaching for my phone on the night stand.

"What did you say to her?" He asks again, threateningly.

"I told her to fuck off! And I suggest you do the same before i call the police on your ugly ass!" I snapped. He looks at me menacingly.

"You deserve the ass whooping you got. And if i see you anywhere near my sister again, I promise you another one"

"I'd like to see you try" he glares at me and leaves.

Alone at last, I call my mum. Damn i can't feel my face.

***

YASMEEN'S P.O.V

I was hurt by the way Mubasshir reacted. Beyond hurt and i don't even know why. He had every right to be mad and not want to see me. I shouldn't have dragged him into my family mess.

Later that night, I told them. I told them everything except for who the rapist is. I told them I don't know where the rapist is. Saddam looked defeated, Fahad was still angry.

"Baba will never forgive me for letting this happen" he says.

"Its not your fault. Please don't beat yourself about it" I told him. It didn't look like he was listening to me. Fahad was deathly silent. We got back from the hospital to find him cleaning up the mess he and Saddam made earlier.

"The person Fahad beat up was going to help me fight him in court since he is a prince and he has a lot of important contacts."

"You don't know where he is, how are you going to fight him?"

I choked on air, realising how I almost messed everything up.

"Um H-he said he will help me find him. He used to work at the palace" I said, feeling terrible because I was keeping things away from them. Again.

"I don't want to see you with him ever again" Saddam says. What?!

"What?"

"You heard me"

"You can't do that! he is my friend!"

"You'll make a new one. A better one I'm sure"

"I am not a child anymore! You can't just push-"

"DAMMIT YASMEEN LEAVE IT ALONE! IF I SEE YOU WITH HIM I'LL KILL HIM!" Fahad shouted, causing me to jump back. He was obviously still upset about the whole ordeal. I got more upset than I was already. Leaving them in the sitting room, I went to my room and locked the door.