Chapter 3: Vice President

Lorelei (in Loki's body)

•••

After reading what is written at the back, Loki and I fell into silence to process the information we just read. 

"I don't believe in magic and other unnatural phenomenon, but this. This is so ridiculous that I might change my perspective regarding that matter." Loki uttered as he lie down, eyes staring at the white ceiling.

I looked back at the message that is now revealed, thanks to the UV light.

To negate the wish, the following must be accomplished:

1. Deceive five. Deceive the following people.

Jamie (/)

Alistair (/)

Martha (/)

Margarette ( )

Luthor ( )

2. Help Three. Help Tres.

3. Find One. Find Primo.

Note: Never tell anyone about the switch. Should that happen, everything will be permanent. Beware.

Medyo nakahinga ako nang maluwag pagkatapos basahin ang sulat. Mabuti na lang at napagdesisyunan namin ni Loki na gawing sikreto ang pagpapalit namin ng katawan.

Ang pinagtataka ko lang ay bakit nakasulat do'n ang pangalan no'ng lima. It was weird. How do the paper know about their existence? Even Primo and Tres. I assume they are a person, but how are they related in this? Who are they?

Sighing, I read the message again hoping that the first one to change. If someone gets to look at this, they must be thinking that we can go back to normal easily. Lalo na at we already have three marks for the first one. But definitely not for me. We probably won't have a problem with Margarette but with Luthor? What if he tells Loki about his involvement in the organization thinking that it's me who he's talking to? And I'm not going to be there to control Loki in case he'll go berserk.

This is going to be hard.

"Well. These are easy to do." Loki spoke, opposing my thoughts. I felt him sat up and moving away, leaving an empty space beside me. He went near the door and flick the switch to turn on the lights. "Tomorrow, we'll deceive the dark overlord and his woman, and move on to the second mission."

Napakunot naman ang noo ko. Luthor's woman? Is he pertaining to Margarette?

"Let's go back to our own room and do our own businesses, shall we?" Pilit itong ngumiti bago ako tinulak palabas sa aking kwarto.

Napailing na lang ako. I shut off the lights sa living room at pumasok na sa kwarto ni Loki. Pagkahiga ko ay agad kong niyakap si Theodore na nasa bandang ulunan ng higaan. Mabuti na lang at hindi naisipan ni Loki na dalhin ito sa kwarto ko na tinutulugan niya.

"Let's hope tomorrow will be a good day." I whispered before dozing off.

Kinabukasan ay naghanda na kami sa pagpasok sa school. I was fixing my bangs when Loki came out of his room while combing his long hair with difficulty.

"What are you doing with my hair?" Loki's forehead creased upon seeing me putting his bangs up. Compare kasi sa bangs ko (bilang ako), mas mahaba ang bangs niya and it's almost covering my eyes.

"I'm putting it up because it's blocking my sight." I muttered as I try to make his hair stand up but failing to do so. I guess, I have to put hair gel then. "How can you even see in this?"