Chapter 5: Primo

Lorelei (in Loki's body)

•••

After the revelation of Tristan, or maybe it is probably right to address him as Tres, Loki and I went home that night in silence. Loki keep mumbling 'I knew it' which did not surprise me because he's always ahead of everyone. Besides, Tristan's initials, which I failed to notice, gave it all.

Ang pumapasok lang sa isip ko ay kung anong dapat naming gawin to prevent Tres from spilling everything. When we checked the instruction card that day, the note – that says we're not allowed to speak of the switch – turned into red. This just means Tres' threat can change our fate. I have a hunch that instead of this temporary switch ay magiging permanente ito. And to be honest, I don't want that. I miss my own body.

"Ya can give the bag to Loki if yer tired, Riri." Tres put his arm on my shoulder which added weight on the stuff I was told to carry. Pagkaalis ni Jamie at Al ay agad na binigay ni Tres ang bag niya na sobrang bigat.

"No. I can handle it."

It was supposed to be Loki's job, but I quickly grabbed it when I noticed Loki's expression. Mukha na kasi siyang sasabog sa pagkainis at konti na lang ay masasapak na niya si Tristan. We don't want another student to be sent to the hospital because of Loki.

I understand him though.

Tristan has been ordering us around, but mostly Loki. Habang naglalakad kami kaninang umaga papuntang school ay sumabay sa amin si Tres.

"Good morning, friends!" He greeted, flashing a bright smile, putting his arms on me and Loki's shoulder. So he's back to his usual self. Or his fake self. I don't really know. Loki groaned before removing Tres' arm.

"What do you want?"

"So straightforward. I like it, Loki." Tres said, ruffling Loki's hair. "I want you to carry it." He then held his bag in front of Loki.

"Why would I?" Loki hissed, staring at the bag in front of him.

"Let's just say I want some fun!" Tres shrugged, still smiling. Though I can see how forced it is. "So carry it before I dial Al and Jamie's number and spill everything. My arm is waiting."

Loki clicked his tongue and grabbed the bag harshly from Tres' grasp.

Tres ordering us around to do things for him by threatening continued throughout the day. According to Loki, Tres keep asking him to write notes for him, answer the questions on his paper, and do the other activities for him. I can visualize restraining himself from hitting Tres because of that.

Loki isn't an academic person after all. He would rather decode ciphers and write new codes than write notes and study. Hindi nga niya magawang mag-effort sa pag-aaral para sa sarili niya, para sa ibang tao pa kaya.

Sa lunch naman ay nautusan siyang kumuha ng pagkain and during their P.E., he was asked to play with Tres. Loki looks beaten when I saw him during our afternoon break.

He doesn't really have a choice but to comply. That goes the same for me. Loki deduced the night Tres' revealed himself that he might use what he knew to slave us around. Loki saw this opportunity to do our second mission which I agreed.

Jamie and Al wondered about it and Tres only said it's our consequences for losing a game the three of us played.

"We're here! Thank ya for carrying my bag, Riri!" Tres said with his accent, snapping me from my own thought. Tres grabbed his bag from my grip and waved us goodbye. "See ya guys tomorrow. Can't wait to see yer apartment!"