Chapter 4: Knight

Lorelei (in Loki's body)

•••

It has been 15 minutes since Maggie dismissed us. And during that 15 minutes, my anxiety is killing me. Wala pa rin kasi si Loki and it's taking them that long to talk.

My gaze went to the people walking outside the school. Minutes passed and nothing caught my interest so I opened Loki's phone and played Criminal Case instead to ease the boredom. Mabuti na lang ay may laro siya dito.

It was about two more minutes or so when a black shoes stopped in front of me.

"You look instense." Loki said with a teasing voice.

"You took your time." I uttered before putting the phone back in my pockets.

We started walking with comfortable silence surrounding us. I want to ask him about what did he and Luthor talked about, but I won't give him another chance to tease me about his ship.

As we continued walking, I can feel his repeated glances on me.

"You want to say something?" I asked, gripping the strap of my (his) bag and keeping my gaze straight.

"Aren't you supposed to ask about what my brother and I talked about?"

I squinted my eyes and looked up to pretend as if I'm thinking. "Hmm. I prefer not to." Great, Lorelei. Kanina ka pa kinakabahan and now you're pretending that you don't care.

"Even if it has something to do with the secret?" He stated seriously while looking at me intently.

I kept my expression to minimal even if his question made me more intense. Did Luthor really talked to him about that?

"If you're saying that to make me spill something about what Luthor and I usually talk about, you're not getting any." I bit my lips when I realized something. I just confirmed that we really do have a secret.

"Hmm." I can see him smirking from my peripheral vision. "At least I tried." He shrugged.

We were turning on the corner when we met Stein Alberts.

"I didn't expect to meet the iconic duo in here! Hey there!" Stein cheerfully said. I stared at him from head to toe and noticed that he's holding a bag of foods and drinks. Mukhang kagagaling nito sa convenience store that is 1-minute walk away from where we are.

"What could be the criminal mastermind doing in this area at this time of the day?" Nakalimutan yata ni Loki na Stein see him as me.

"Woah! Getting a little feisty there, Lorelei." He chuckled.

Tumikhim naman ako para mapunta sa akin ang atensyon niya.

"He probably bought something that he can use to kill his victims." I hissed at him, hoping that I portrayed Loki well.

"What an accusation." He gasped, putting his hand on his chest, feigning his heartache. "You wound me, Loki."

We just stared at him as he compose himself back.

"You have to worry about nothing. I don't have any plan on harming anyone." He paused and fixed his glasses. "Not yet." He laughed maniacally. If I could just record this conversation, we could present it to the police station and he'll see his downfall soon. Though, there's no doubt he'll dodge it easily because it's not that strong evidence.

"Anyway, I don't know what you two are pulling off but you do you I guess." He shrugged and plastered a smile before walking between me and Loki.

"What do you mean?"