》51

Hana peered through the glass door of the practice room where she saw Donghyuck practicing for the newest comebacks

The sighed heavily, feeling immensely guilty and hesitating to go inside with the fact that she had hurt Donghyuck, unintentionally, but she felt like the worst person in the world.

Her phone flashed on with the newest text she had received, glancing at it quickly despite her nerves.

Mark💞

Is everything okay?

Yeah I found him
But he probably hates me

It's impossible to hate you Han
He doesn't hate you I promiseeeee

I'm nervous
I bought him a basket of his favourite things actually
I hope he likes it

That's so sweet of you
HE'LL LOVE IT TRUST ME
He treasures you a lot kiddo don't worry he's just upset

WOW YOU'RE STILL CALLING ME KIDDO
wow romantic

Hahahaha I'm sorry you're too cute though
I won't call you it :)

Okay okay stop distracting me
Wish me luck 😔

Good luck Kiddo!

MARK

Hana smiled whilst shaking her head and put her phone away, picking up the basket and opening the door slowly.

He didn't hear her, instead he saw her in the reflection of the mirror.
"Go away Hana." He spoke, still dancing. "I don't want to talk to you."

Hana couldn't help the frown that pulled on her lips but she bit it back and closed the door behind her.

"I understand if you don't want to talk to me but can you just listen to me, 2 minutes max-"
"Okay 2 minutes, start now." He panted, turning the music off and wiping the sweat away with a towel.

Hana lurched forward, wrapping her arms around his sweaty frame but nothing really mattered.
"I said speak not hug-"

"I'm sorry! I'm really really sorry! I'm such a bad friend, I didn't know you felt like that and I feel like shit because I should have noticed and I didn't do it on purpose I swear! I'm so sorry Hyuck-"

"Woah, okay calm down."
Hana leant away slightly, arms still wrapped around him but her lip trembled and eyes full with tears.

Donghyuck sighed when he looked at her upset, distraught and guilty face, he nodded his head over to the sofa and they both sat down on it.

"I'm really sorry."

"I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have acted like that...I was just jealous because I'm your best friend and it felt like Mark was taking my place."

Hana put a hand over his and looked into his eyes.
"No one- and I meant no one- will ever ever take your place Hyuck. You mean so fucking much to me you don't even understand and it's my fault for making you feel this way, I hate myself for causing this." She sniffling, rubbing her eyes.

"So you don't want Mark to be your best friend?" His face lit up and Hana nudged him.
"No Hyuck, you're the only best friend I want idiot."

His smile died down and the air became serious.
"Why didn't you tell me what was happening?"

Hana sighed and looked down at her hands.
"I was going to...the day of Mum's death anniversary I came here but I think you were busy and things just happened and Mark was there- it wasn't on purpose I swear."

Donghyuck nodded but glanced at her.
"You still could have told me about your eating disorder and depression."

He said it outloud, the words she was afraid to say and Hana couldn't help but burst out into tears.
"I didn't want to worry you, you were already stressed and I wasn't going to to tell anyone at all! Saying it outloud to you...I didn't want you to feel disappointed with me or annoyed-"

"Are you crazy, you're never annoying to me and I'd never ever be disappointed."
Hana nodded, wiping her eyes.
"I'm sorry, I know you won't but my fucked up head doesn't work that way."

Donghyuck's eyes softened.
"You're not fucked up Hana."

"My own family doesn't want me." She whispered. "I don't have anyone left and... I don't know."

Donghyuck wrapped an arm around her, bringing her head to his chest.

"Listen here my little one, family doesn't have to be blood, you're aren't obliged to call them family. You see us, the dreamies- NCT as a whole... we're your family and you're ours.
You're our little sister, we all love you- some more than others ahem Mark-" Hana elbowed him and he laughed.

"But you're one of us and don't ever feel like you're some type of burden on us okay? We'll always listen to you, I will and I know Mark will too. You're my best friend Hana, I love you."
"I love you too Hyuckie, thank you." She smiled and the boy pinched her cheeks.

"Now, is that basket for me or..."
"Yes!" She laughed, hurrying over to bring it over.

"Oh and..." She trailed off. "We weren't supposed to tell anyone yet but I kinda mayhaps asked Mark out."

And that's my favourite best friends