37

"When I didn't meet you for two weeks, I lost the source of my inspiration immediately. I... How to say this?" Namjoon looked down at his trembling hands and immediately slipped them into his jacket's pockets.

"When I saw you again, I was extremely happy. Because I thought that I would never ever meet you again," he continued, taking another step toward her.

And when he realized that she didn't move at all, he resumed. "I felt it. Last time you told me, that you've been having this feeling of missing someone's presence. I felt it."

"W-What are you... trying to tell me?" Hyun Ae asked in a soft voice, as she looked up at him, meeting his eyes.

"Hyun Ae, I..."

Click.

Suddenly, the rattling sound of the doorknob interrupted. Both of them turned their attention to the opening door, and there was Hyun Wook.

"Oh, you're home," he said, walking towards his sister in his pajamas and a padded jacket. "I almost went to the station and decided to wait there because you're not home yet."

"It's still early. It's ten," Hyun Ae grunted.

"I don't care. You know how dangerous it is now for you out there. Oh, by the way, noona..." Hyun Wook began to stand behind her and placed his head down on her left shoulder. "I AM SO HUNGRY."

"I thought you made something for yourself!"

"Two packs of ramyeon weren't enough for me! Ow, ow!" Hyun Wook whined when his sister began to hit his arm.

Namjoon couldn't help but laugh at such a sight. He shook his head, taking one box from his paper bag. "Here, take this. It's fried chicken."

"I thought it was for you and the others," Hyun Ae said, looking at him with worry.

"That's why I bought three boxes. Two for us, and one for him-"

"Only me alone?!" Hyun Wook cut in, his face clearly glowing up with excitement.

"And your sister. Share, will you?" Namjoon scolded him, earning himself a pouty look from Hyun Wook.

"Urgh... Fine."

"You can be a brat sometimes, huh?" Namjoon chortled, shaking his head.

"Well, told ya," Hyun Ae sighed, looking at her brother. "Funny, he only does that if it's with me. Now he's also a brat with you, is there anything between you two-"

"Hey, this brat saved you-" Hyun Wook got hit again by his sister, stopping his words before he could say further, only to realize that the sasaeng incident was supposed to be confidential.

"Anyways, thanks again for everything, and for walking me back home. Take care on your way home," Hyun Ae advised the idol, who nodded in his response.

"Yeah, sure. Good night, Hyun Ae."

"Good night, Namjoon oppa." Both Hyun Ae and Hyun Wook began to walk back into the house.

With a smile and a small sigh, Namjoon turned around as the door closed, but stopped when he heard the door open again and the sound of running footsteps getting closer behind him.

He was about to turn around, but a hand did it before he could, and in a split second, he felt a pair of lips on his cheek.

The lips felt warm on his cheek, and it made him blush, but thanks to his cap, its shadow hid the blush well as the lips left.

"I forgot that," Hyun Ae whispered, her heels finally touching the ground as she was on her tiptoes to reach his height. "My 'thank you' token, like last time."