09| ma chérie

⌜◌⌟

⌜◌⌟

          "I'm ready!"

I twirl excitedly in my newest apparel, one I had purchased recently with a dear friend. The Carolina blue sundress with white floral prints was comfortably light and ideal for the summery weather, touching just modestly above my knees— with no black stockings underneath. I had always been one to feel a tad bit uneasy with exposing my legs, hence always wearing something underneath when donning skirts or shorts. However, the apparel was too pretty to disregard, and with the helpful encouragement from my friend, I had happily bought it. This dress does not harmonize as perfectly with my usual stockings, that much I already know, so I attempted to step out of my comfort zone today to look my best for today's date. And so far, the effort has not gone down the drain.

Seijuro smiles at my enthusiasm, leaving the sleek limousine door agape behind him as he steps out of the vehicle. I see him eyeing me from bottom to top, not in the manner I would consider inappropriate. Fiddling with the ends of my clothes from suddenly feeling bashful under his unwavering affectionate gaze, I meekly ask, "How do I look?"

"You look absolutely radiant, my dear," he responds as he gently takes hold of my right hand, bringing me closer to him. "I considered spending our date at my place today. I have something planned for us."

My cheeks flush from the honest compliments, leaving me feeling fuzzy and glowing with delight inside as I eagerly nod to his words. Seijuro guides me to the limousine parked quietly outside my apartment building, allowing me to enter through the gaping door before him. Soon, the driver begins the vehicle's engine, rumbling it to life and driving in the opposing direction of Rakuzan High.

Wait, does that mean I will have to meet his father?

My body goes rigid at the abrupt realization, the buzz within me immediately shifting from excitement to utter nervousness. I fiddle with the end of my dress once more with my free hand, the other remaining occupied within Seijuro's grasp. The unexpected thumb rubbing my knuckle focuses my attention on my boyfriend, who looked slightly worried from the way his sharp red brows knitted together.

"What happened, Katsumi?" he turns his body to look at me properly in the eyes, securing the loose strands of hair behind my ear before planting his other hand on my cheek. I can feel my worry slowly diminish just from his familiar touch as I nuzzle further into his palm. Seijuro is not comfortable with public displays of affection, and I am incredibly fortunate to be the only person to witness this loving side of his. With the soundproofed opaque barrier separating the chauffeur and us, he can openly express his emotions and affection with me.

"If you are nervous about my father, then you have nothing to worry about. He left on a business trip to America just yesterday and will come back in a week." He chuckles at the relief on my features when the tension disappears from my shoulders and softly kisses my forehead, humming as he glides his arms around my waist to tug me closer to him. "I will never have you two meet until I know it is the right time. It is disheartening, but my father would not accept you now. I have already informed all the workers not to mention you to him for the sake of our relationship."

My hands settle on his shoulder, where I tenderly play with the ends of his red hair on the back of his head, "I know, Sei-kun. I know you would never do anything to hurt me. I trust in everything you do."

Sincerely admitting my complete faith in him seems to have affected him in particular ways; a burning in his eyes erupts as my gasp muffles against his lips, ones that are suddenly but passionately pressed against mine. Blood promptly rushes to the apples of my cheeks the second time today. My grip on his shoulders tightens by how delicate and pleasant his lips feel, the warmth in the pit of my stomach rising the longer we stay interlocked.

And if I could, I would forever stay in this exact moment.

| to be continued