𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

"Mila

"Mila... Brenda's dead."

I stared into nothing, my heart dropped as well as my mouth. Brianna was the one on the phone, telling me.

"Hello? Mila?!"

"Oh- Yes I'm here. Brenda's what?!?" I said as I looked at Billy. He was tucking his blade away in his back pocket, while watching me speak to Bri.

"Brenda's dead Mila, and they think it was the same person that killed that other girl that did it!"

I stared at the wall in disbelief. There's no way what I was hearing was real.

"Like-like our Brenda? The new girl at the club Brenda?"

"YES Mila! What other Brenda would I be talking about, dumbass?" She said, frustrated. "You need to come over now, there's a killer on the loose and I don't want you home alone!"

I looked up at Billy, and looked back to the wall. "I'm not home alone but what ha-"

"Who the FUCK is with you right now??"

"That white boy from the club..." I lowered my voice so Billy couldn't hear what I was saying. "I know, I know, it sounds crazy but he gave me his number and I was feeling lonely so I ca-"

"You one crazy bitch, you out here hanging with strangers with a fucking killer around?" She began to raise her voice at me, you could hear her if you were far from the phone.

"Can you relax? He isn't some crazy fucking killer, but what I'm doing is not the point here! When did she die- and how?"

"She was found about one or two hours ago in her damn bathroom. Blood everywhere! All over the floor and shower so you could tell she was trying to escape!"

"And how you know all this?"

"It's all over the news! She called the police because she heard something in the house and two seconds later, she's gone! That's how you know you gotta be VERY careful. And this dude coming for all the strippers too! So that's why I want yo ass here and now!"

I took a quick look at Billy, he was standing near my window smoking something. "Yeah yeah okay, once I get there I want more info though." I lowered my voice again, "but first I gotta kick this guy out, maybe I'll make him pay a little sum for having my attention."

Bri and I laughed, and then we ended the call shortly after. I placed the phone next to me on the bed and looked up at him. This time he was looking back at me.

"So what was that about?" He asked, while blowing smoke from his mouth.

"One of our girls died tonight, this shit is crazy." I said, fidgeting my fingers in my lap.

He sat next to me and looked down at my hands. "Well that sucks." He said. It was hard to read his face, he was very nonchalant.

"Yeah, and I'm getting freaked out, because it's girls like me-"