Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Song for Right Now: Howlin' For You, the Black Keys

*

**

***

**

*

So at this point, I was completely lost.

I mean, what was I supposed to do?

I just found out I was pregnant, the entire bathroom was a mess, and just to make my life freaking perfect, I was starving.

I continued to stare at the pregnancy test in my hand.

“Why won’t you tell me how far along I am?” I yelled at the white stick before throwing it across the room.

I sighed, holding my head in my hands as I remained seated on the toilet.

I wasn’t ready for a child, I never thought about having children because it had never crossed my mind.

It’s not that I didn’t want to have a child, I did, but I wasn’t sure if here and now was the perfect time.

Now that I think about it, I wasn’t exactly mother material. I wasn’t one of those gentle women who just look adorable with their pregnant bellies.

I don’t think I could ever be, but it’s not like I would do anything to hurt my child. I just wasn’t ready.

“Aghh,” I yelled, pulling my hair.

Life sucks. Life is hard.

“I’m done,” I announced aloud, dragging myself around the massive bathroom, collecting the 4 pregnancy tests that were scattered around.

I was not in a good mood at all, kicking the towels in different directions as I made my way slowly down the stairs.