moon lovers:what if

Hae Soo felt her heartbeat. Aigoo how could he do that to her. He had let her rant while his entire family stared at her like she was crazy. How would she get out of this. She had to think. And that husband of hers didn't even care. How dare he get her in trouble. How would she face her cousin or that princess or the eighth Prince. In fact how would she face the whole family of royalty." If you keep pacing like that you might just end up forming a hole in the ground". "How could you do this to me. Huh. Why didn't you warn me. Now how will I face everyone. Especially the king. I disrespected his son. I don't care what your spoilt siblings think". "Speaking about the king. When he walked in I didn't stand up to greet him and I also taunted him"." What is wrong with you. Are itching for a beating and a fight. Of course you are why do I bother asking. Now he thinks we both have no respect for powerful people". Wang So  heard someone coming and shushed her. Getting the gist she climbed up and continued mixing her glue. Wang so jumped onto the nearby roof laid down and closed his eyes. No one would think the two of them were having a conversation. So heard the footsteps draw closer.

The king had left the room in the pretence of seeing His Son's residence when he was actually looking for the peculiar lady and his wayward son. Ji mong the ever faithful kept asking him to go back. He finally found her mixing a pot. He looked around and spotted his son laying on the roof. From his time as a general he could tell his son was positioned in a way that he could watch the lady as she worked. "Lady Soo" the king called her. Hae Soo felt her hands get cold. She turned and she bowed."Your majesty". The king smiled it seems she had manners. May I ask what u are doing". "Mixing glue your majesty"." Why". "The princess thought it would be a good way to remember my manners"." So its a punishment". "Something like that. May I help u with anything your majesty"." Yes I am looking for the fourth Prince have you seen him". "Is he the one that was wearing all black and a mask". Wang So smiled to himself it was funny how she was going to pretend she didn't know the fourth imperial Prince." Yes that was him". "He is a Prince. I thought he was a family friend coming for a visit. Not that that allows me to scold him like I did. I sincerely apologise for my behaviour"." I am afraid I can't forgive you. Insulting a Royal is a serious offence. You must be punished". Soo saw that there was no use begging. "You shall serve as the fourth Prince's personal Lady. Anything he desires you Will provide"." You are making me a court Lady". "No you will only serve the fourth Prince. No one else. And you will wear your own clothes not a uniform. "What if the Queen orders me". "Like I said you only serve the fourth Prince no one else. I suggest you go pack you are leaving as soon as possible. Remember where ever he goes you go if I find out otherwise you will be punished ". "Does he know if this"even though she knew he did." Of course. He is laying on the roof he heard everything. Another thing for every one punishment of his the same will be delivered to you. As his lady keep him in line". "Can I ask if he is to be whipped the same will be done to me"." Yes". Soo was scared. This made was cruel. What had she ever done to him. She felt like crying. She bowed." Thank you for your benevolence your majesty". The king walked away the punishment was not only for her but for his son. It seemed his son liked the girl as he hadn't scared her off yet. He would behave in order for the girl not to pay for his sins. No one would know except the four of them.

As soon as they left So jumped down." I'm scared. You said the palace is scary. We had hoped I would avoid it yet now I enter as your lady. I will be punished for you. I may have to see your mother and Queen Hwangbo"." Stop worrying. The king said you only take orders from me not anyone else. You are mine to command. So if they command you just say you are not to serve them"." And you think they will listen. I am a nobody. Just an orphan noble Lady. And we all know my cousin is ill. The medicine I prepare only eases the pain it won't avoid death. And your eighth brother looks at me like he adores me. He even wrote me a love poem. It's as if he is planning to marry me after my cousin dies". And she laughed." It's not funny you married me how dare he". "Your highness as far as everyone knows I am single and unmarried. Pure intact. Untouched by any man". He smirked."If I remember I have touched everything and seen everything too"." Shh your Highness don't say such things in the open. I must go pack". And she ran off.

His father was a conniving man. He had to conceal his affection for her or she will be used against him. He left for the palace. It seemed he would have to use his Royal quarters instead of the astronomer's tower. As he arrived the astronomer beckoned him over. He entered the room to see his first brother." What is it". "I have a favour to ask brother"." What is it" "I believe there is some one conspiring against me and will attack me at the exorcism rite. I want us to trade places" "And what do I get in return" "I will make sure you never leave the palace again" "You have yourself an agreement older brother.

Every one in the residence was shocked to see Royal guards taking away hae soo's things away. Hae Soo came and hugged her poor cousin who was still in shock." I will miss you myung hee. I don't want to leave you alone. Who will take care of you when I'm gone. All these maids are incompetent. Even that princess doesn't care about your Health. If I knew he was the fourth Prince and the king was in the room I would have never scolded him. I promise I will come visit if I am given a chance. I don't want to go to the palace myung hee. I don't want to die young. I'm sure its full of many dangers. I don't want to go". Myung hee could only embrace her weeping cousin. The other princes were all in shock. The princess was seething." If you are done crying can we go. If you keep this up you won't even survive a week". The fourth Prince called out. Soo could have slapped him for that. She gave her cousin one last hug and walked to the fourth Prince." Am I walking all the way to the palace"." No we brought you a horse". Soo was terrified. She had never ridden a horse on her own. She always rode with So." Its alright your highness this servant shall walk". So scoffed. He threw her a cloak."Put it on". Soo quietly obliged. As soon as she finished tying the knot Wang So jumped off his horse and walked towards her. He pulled the cloak over her head." Get on the horse".