Chapter 9

I didn't like where this conversation was headed, but looks like the pretence they have been putting on all this time is about to end and he was about to tell me what he really thinks about my friendship with Erastus. I looked at him in disbelief and said, "No Evan, I don't see it. It's like I don't even know who you are anymore. I know you two never liked each other, but I know Erastus would never do that, he made peace with our relationship long before we got married because I love you and I was happy with you by my side. So you think he just waited for two years so he separates us? You and I very much know that his assumptions were right unless you and I wouldn't be here right now. You are the only person who is trying to separate us!"

Evan looked at me and I just stared him down. "Wow, looks like my dear wife  will take his side. He is not better than me, he has secrets and probably lied to you more times than I did." He said and paused immediately which proved that the last statement might have just slipped out of his mouth. Before I could say anything, he continued," Do you remember the accident I was in a few months before our wedding? He caused that accident, he tempered with my brakes but luckily I was not seriously injured".

I looked at him, because that really rendered me speechless. I have known Erastus for over ten years and I don't think he would ever do that. He is not violent even when he is very angry,  he avoids whoever pisses him off because if he touches that person, it won't end well. I just cannot fathom the fact that he is capable of messing with Evan's car. It is true that he was involved in a car accident before our wedding but what I don't understand is why he is telling me right now.

"Why are you telling me now? Why would he want to kill you? You know what, I don't even want to hear it." I said frankly. Evan gave me an evil laugh before he asked,  "Why not? Last time I checked you were always saying Erastus this, Erastus that as if he is perfect. Erastus has been lying to you this whole time, you always saw him as a friend and later best friend but he was really into you back in high school but you never noticed him. He was always there for you, yes that's true but I am sure he was ever watching you from the sidelines waiting for whatever boyfriend you were dating at that time. Just waiting for him to mess up. You two were together almost every day so I doubt those feelings ever went away. "

"Evan, I have heard enough in one day. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I need to sleep." I said not having anything to say about all that I just heard. I opened the door for him so he leaves. "Doctor's appointment? Are you sick?" he asked. "No. I am fine. Even if I wasn't, you wouldn't even know because you are never here." I said honestly. He said goodnight and left. I exhaled loudly. The moment I hit my pillow I drifted to dreamland. I didn't want to think about whatever I just heard.

The following day Katie accompanied me to see Dr. Whitney and I learned that I was 8 weeks pregnant. Everything was alright with my pregnancy so far but I couldn't help but worry about my baby with everything going on at home at the moment. Later I called Erastus and we agreed meet for lunch. I need to hear his side of the story. Okay honestly, I just want to know because curiousity is killing me. I'm not a patient person and being in suspension really kills me .Erastus is a good person but whenever he gets angry, even I don't stay anywhere near him. We agreed to meet up at Linda's café and when I got there I chose a table that is in the far corner, a bit far from everyone.

A few minutes, he walked in an unusual dark suit. We ordered our drinks and I sat there with no idea on how I am going to start this conversation. Lucky for me, he asked if everything was alright and I thanked God for that opening. "Yes, everything is alright, the thing is Evan and I were got into a fight last night and things got ugly........" I didn't get to finish to finish my statement because he interrupted me by asking, "So when you say things got ugly, does that mean you might be covering up a bruised cheek or eye with makeup?"