[18]

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL THE CHOOSICAL was a total hit

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL THE CHOOSICAL was a total hit. Carlos's homemade HSM game took the party to new heights as they competed against one another on their knowledge of the beloved Disney movie. West High Knights against the East High Wildcats. May the best team win.

EJ was currently on a honesty spree, even facetiming Emily from his summer theater camp to divulge that he slipped her a bad deviled egg so Nini could go on as the lead opening night. He even had the two girls talk over face time for a bit.

Nini had just finished her forced conversation with Emily when Ricky came through the front door. "Hey, look who's here!" She called out with a smile, standing up from her seat on the steps.

He waved at her, offering a friendly smile in return. "Hey, I didn't know if you would make it," he replied.

"Well, Kourtney is out of town at her grandparents, and my moms are watching the dog competition. So I figured I'd come and check in with all of my, uh, buddies," she said, pointing a finger gun at him awkwardly. Buddies, right.

He nodded, slipping off his jacket. "Nice. We heard a rumor that Carlos went off the deep end so we didn't want to miss it."

Who was we? she thought. Just then the front door opened again, bringing a cold breeze inside. This time Luna popped in from outside. Oh yeah, he's dating Luna. They are a 'we' now. Cool.

"Wow, it's cold out there. Ricky, you really need to learn how to parallel park your own car so I don't have to do it for you," Luna joked, shivering a little before she noticed the girl on the steps. She smiled, "Oh, hi Nini. Happy Thanksgiving!"

She walked over to Ricky. He slung his arm over her shoulder. The two girls exchanged small smiles, trying to ease the awkwardness that they thought they had gotten past.

"Hey Luna," Nini replied. "How are you doing today?"

The girl bit her lip with a shrug, not even wanting to talk about it, let alone think about it. "I'm okay, I guess. Better than yesterday. I don't really want to think about it too much, but thank you for asking though babes."

Nini immediately nodded, noting to not ask about it again tonight. "Oh yeah, sorry! By the way I love the sweatshirt. It's really cute!"

The girl glanced down at the dark blue Disney themed sweatshirt she was wearing. "Thanks girly. It's actually Ricky's though," she stated, pointing her thumb to the boy next to her. Ricky formed a tight lipped smile, rocking on his heels next to his girlfriend. Nini's eyes widened before she nodded silently. The awkwardness ensued for a moment more before Luna broke the silence. "Well, I'm kind of hungry so Ric, let's go see what snacks they have." He nodded, offering Nini one last smile before allowing Luna to pull him by his hand to the kitchen.

Once everyone settled down, Carlos started explaining the rules of his game while everyone split into teams. Ricky and Luna had joined the West High Knights with Gina and Big Red.