[26]

DAYS REMAINING: 14

DAYS REMAINING: 14

AFTER TWO SOLID ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCES, the cast and crew of High School Musical: The Musical were finally able to rest and celebrate their successful show. Nini Salazar-Roberts was holding the final cast party that night, which everyone was so excited for. The last hoorah for the cast being altogether, minus Gina who had taken a flight back after the first show.

Ricky Bowen found his girlfriend in the lobby, talking with his parents. He was wary to know what they were talking about so he approached them slowly.

"There's our star boy now!" Lynne Bowen called out, drawing the girl and man's attention to Ricky as he walked up to them. He threw an arm around his girlfriend, shooting them all a smile.

"What are you guys talking about over here?" He asked with a nervous laugh.

The three all smiled a little at each other. Mike Bowen spoke up, "Nothing of too much importance. But the three of us did discuss how very proud of you we are!"

Luna nudged his side. "So incredibly proud. I knew you could do it. My skater boy turned drama dork. I love it," she teased. He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Thank you guys. It's so crazy that it's over now. Like what happens next? Where do we go from here?" Ricky asked seriously. The two parents shrugged as they were new to this whole thing too. Luna wasn't sure either, but managed to make up a response.

"From here, I think you just have to force yourself to move on and find the next opportunity, but not forgetting the memories and friends you made while you were doing this show," Luna replied. He smiled gratefully at her, liking the answer she gave. It was a great answer, not too specific so that leaves room for interpretation and room to cope with the loss of this everyday activity that has kept them all busy the last few months.

Ricky nodded, loosening his grip on his girlfriend. "You're right, but I'll miss all of this."

"We all will. But I think it's time to just relax and attend the cast party now and celebrate a wonderful three shows."

Mr. and Mrs. Bowen agreed. "Go have fun, Ric. Celebrate with your friends. We will see you at home," Mr. Bowen said with a smile, motioning with his hands for them to go. Bidding the Bowen parents goodbye, they headed to the Salazar-Roberts residence for the after party.

•••

One of Nini's moms opened the door, revealing Luna and Ricky to the party going on behind her. "Hi kids! Ricky, it is so nice to see you again!" She smiled before turning to Luna. "You must be Luna! You were amazing on opening night when you sang Breaking Free."

This brought a genuine smile to all of their faces. Luna was totally concerned that Nini's mom would hold a little grudge against her for being her daughter's ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend. Turns out the lady was just as sweet as her daughter.