[22]

DAYS REMAINING: 24

DAYS REMAINING: 24

THE AMOUNT OF TIME LUNA had left was getting low, which made her afraid as well as sad because there was so much more she wanted to do in life, but wouldn't be able to. She still had to tell people that her time was running out, but that would prove to be difficult because she didn't want to admit it out loud nor did she want to see the look on their face as she told them.

Ricky called his girlfriend's phone way too many times in the past two days, trying to get ahold of her to explain what had happened at the El Rey theater. She, of course, didn't answer, wanting to be alone with her thoughts, giving herself time to calm down so she would be more understanding when he talked to her. It also wasn't her top priority at the moment as her best friend had appeared on her porch claiming to have something serious to talk about.

"Oh hey Gina, what's up?" Luna asked once she opened the door to see her best friend standing there.

Gina fiddled her fingers in front of her. The last thing she wanted to do was the break the bad news to her best friend right now. It would make things all a little too real for her.

"C-Can we sit down?" Gina asked, motioning to the porch swing. The girl nodded, closing the door behind her as she stepped out and leading them to sit on the swing. Luna bit her lip, already having an idea as to what was about to come out of her best friend's mouth. "As you know, my mom's job is moving her again. Much to my dismay, the moving day has been moved up."

Luna asked a question that she already knew the answer to. "You're moving tomorrow, aren't you?" Gina nodded sadly, grabbing her friend's hand. "Wow. I-I don't know what to say. I'll miss you, a lot."

"I'll miss you too, Lu. I'm so sorry I have to leave you like this in the middle of the year. It sucks so bad. I can't tell you how many nights I've already cried over it," Gina admitted. Luna rubbed her thumb in a comforting manner on the back of her hand.

She cooed, "Aw G, it's okay. I promise you'll see everyone again. It'll be like you never left. Friends forever right?" She smiled softly.

"Of course! How could I not be friends forever with the only person who talked to me the first two weeks of school?" She giggled, not being phased by her lack of friends at first. It was hard adjusting to new schools and having to make new friends, but Luna made it easy on her by being there since day 1. Well, she had to be there on day 1 because it was part of her duty as a member of the welcoming committee, but she didn't have to stick with her after that— but she did.

"I love you bestie, always have and always will," Luna proclaimed, pulling her into a side hug.

Gina grinned. "Aw, I'll love you for the rest of my life, Lulu. Ricky can't have you. You're mine," she joked with a wink. Both of her sentences hurt Luna's heart. Not only was she running out of time so the rest of her life wouldn't be very long, but she was also on the outs with Ricky currently. She knew her friend most likely had no idea about either things.