IV

One month had gone by and the gifts just kept rolling in. Rose was beginning to feel a little annoyed with the fact that she didn't know her secret admirer. But wasn't that the entire point of a secret admirer? That they were a secret?

But Rose's patience was wearing thin. It even got to the point of her hiding behind some lockers to catch him in the act and see who he was. He never came. But by the end of the day there was a rose and a poem waiting for her.

It had been one whole month and she still didn't know who he was. Was it even a he?

She made her way to her locker and, again, there was a purple rose and a note. Suddenly she came up with a great idea. She quickly scribbled on a sticky note and stuck it on the door of her locker:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
You know my name,
I need yours too.

***

Ringgg!!!!

The last bell rang and she shot up out of her seat and bolted out of the class, gaining a lot of weird looks.

She slowed her pace when her locker came into view. She typed in her combination and yanked it open so fast she was surprised that the door didn't come flying off.

Sure enough, the rose and note were there.

Roses are red,
Violets aren't blue.
Your handwriting's pretty
And my name is Drew.

Drew... she thought. That was a nice name.

She couldn't help but squeal in excitement. She finally had a name!

Now all she needed was a face for the name.