V

Three days.

Three fucking days.

That was how long it had been since Drew told her his name. Since then she'd been on a mission to find a boy named Drew.

Of course she came up with nothing. The only Drew she found wasn't even Drew it was Dru. The poor guy looked so confused when she confronted him about purple roses and cliche poems.

She was walking down the hallway towards the cafeteria when something caught her eye. It was a meme on the English notice board. It reminded her of Drew since he also thought violets weren't blue. And he was right. Violets were violet or like a bluish purple with a hint of mauve but that doesn't rhyme as easily as blue.

She tore the poster off the wall but not before checking the coast. She couldn't afford detention for stealing a poster, if that was even possible.

She went back to her locker. Something shuffled in her peripheral vision as she was opening her locker. She turned around but nothing was there. Weird. Shrugging it off she directed her focus back to her locker. She taped the poster at her the back of her locker so it would be the first thing Drew saw when he came for drop-off.

She admired her handiwork.

There was five minutes left until lunch was over, she would have to run if she wanted a bite of food

There was five minutes left until lunch was over, she would have to run if she wanted a bite of food. As she made her way back to the cafeteria she suddenly stopped in her tracks. There in the middle of the hallway was a single purple rose attached to a piece of paper. Next to it was a tray of food from the cafeteria.

Roses are red,
Violets aren't blue.
Cafeteria food costs less
Than dinner for two.

The whole thing was so cute and romantic but instead of gushing about how thoughtful Drew was, Rose was shocked by the fact that she had been so close to seeing Drew's face.