He had jet black curly hair that fell over his honey brown eyes which were framed in thick glasses. He gave her a small smile, showing off his cute dimples.

He was really tall and lanky, and he wore a red flannel shirt over a rock band t-shirt that Rose wasn't familiar with.

His glasses kept sliding off his pointy nose, he pushed them back up and shoved his hands deep in his pockets.

"Drew?" She asked.

"In the flesh," he said looking at his feet. She gaped at him in surprise.

He wasn't what she had expected. He thought that was a bad thing.

"I-I know you m-must be dissss...disappointed. I'm ...I'm not who you thought I-I was. I-I'm sss...sorry, I-I never should have–"

"No, I'm not disappointed," she cut him off. She took a determined step towards him. And then another, until she was right in front of him. She took his shaking hands out of his pockets and squeezed them reassuringly. She felt him calm down a little when she did that.

"You're everything that I thought you were."

"But I-I'm..." she cut him off by placing a finger to his lips.

"You're perfect."

***

"So why the violet roses?" She asked while dipping a fry in her milkshake.

They were in a small diner a few blocks away from school. Rose was missing yet another cheer practice but she didn't care. Maybe she should just quit cheer and join a different club.

Something more...her.

A robotics club would look great on her college applications. Maybe even the track team?

She looked across the table to Drew who seemed to be struggling with his straw. He noticed her looking and blushed. After a few more tries, he finally unwrapped it. He briefly took a sip of his chocolate milkshake before focusing on her.

"I-I got the i-idea ff-from your...your name. Rose Violette Greene. Violet roses." He said with a shrug. Spending time with Rose was definitely calming him down. The longer he stayed with her, the less he stuttered.

"How did you even know my name?"

"When I ff-first saw you, I-I was too...too afraid to t-talk to...you or even ask f-for your...your name. So I asked my...my s-sister, Leigh then she–" Rose choked on her drink.

"Wait, Leigh as in Leigh-Jade Parker?"

"Yeah. She told me your name, your l-locker comb...combination and your f-favorite color. I-I hope you don't think that's...that's creepy."

It finally made sense why Jade was so adamant on finding Drew. She already knew who he was and helped them get together.

"No. I think it's really sweet how she helped her little brother. And even if it was a little creepy and a total invasion of privacy, it doesn't change the fact that I loved every single thing you left me in my locker."

"I meant everything in those l-letters."

"So did I," she reached across the table and laced their fingers together. "Look Drew, I know that technically we just met an hour ago but I feel like I've known you my entire life." He nodded his head in agreement.

"Those letters weren't just a silly high school crush they were real. All my life I've felt the need to change myself to please others. I dyed my hair blonde, joined the cheer squad. No one really knows the real me. But you do. You knew me before you even talked to me. For the first time in my life I felt loved." She didn't notice that she was crying until the tears ran down her face.

"I like you, Drew."

"I like you too, Rose."