KNOWLEDGE

There were bodies caked in blood hanging from all the trees. What was more inhumane was that all their lower bodies were severed and laying in the pool of blood that had formed on the grass. Their heads were tipped over and their broken necks carried the weight of the remains of their bodies.

Apart from the images before me, the stench was enough to turn me off. I couldn't hold it in this time, I emptied the contents of my stomach.

Who could have done this? Who?

As I stared at the gruesome scene, my eyes caught sight of a familiar caramel skin. The young boy hanging from the second tree looked so familiar.

It can't be true! No! No!

Suddenly, my leg became too stiff to move but I willed all the power in me to push myself forward and confirm if it was who I thought it was.

As I came to stand before the lifeless dangling body, my eyes went wide in shock.

KELVIN!

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" I screamed.

My breaths started coming in fast but short.

"It's j-just a dream. H-He can't die. He's just fifteen. Fifteen years olds d-don't just die," I stuttered shaking my head wildly in disbelief.

"This is just a dream. N-Not my brother. Not my Kelvin." I raised my fingers up in an attempt to touch his face when his head jerked up! Causing me to flinch back in horror.

Empty holes that once carried eye balls stared back at me.

I turned my head to the other trees, shaking with dread.

All the bodies stared back at me with empty holes!

"Your days... are numbered," they all said in hoarse voices.

"You have eight days left to live. Zula is coming for you!" They concluded and dissipated into dark mist.

Transfixed in shock, tears streamed down my face.

What is happening to me?

With shaky hands, I wiped the tears off my face and ran back home.

I have to get answers.

I turned my house inside out, searching for clues.

But came back with nothing.

Everyone can't just disappear or..die. No!

I was about leaving to the neighbour's with determination of getting to the bottom of all this, when I felt something move.

I marched up the stairs to catch it, what ever it was; but there was nothing.

Just when I started giving up. The knocks returned.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Not again.

"No! No!" I ran.

Covering my ears with my hands; I opened the first door I reached and locked myself in. I barricaded the doors with the night stand and dressing table. I raised the bed and the blankets and added to the pile. Yet I could still hear the knocks.

Then I heard the eerie scream.

I slammed the windows shut. Then buried myself in the pillows praying to any God to safe me from this nightmare.