Christmas Eve pt.1

December 24th 2020, 7:26 am

Loud cars & the awoken city became a muffled noise in my ears as I woke up. Rubbing my eyes & looking around, I had realised I had woken up in JJ's bed. Holy shit! Oh crap, oh crap, please don't tell me I slept with him. I slipped out of the bed & tipped into the living room. JJ was still snoring his head off on the couch. Thank god. Today was Christmas Eve, I was overly excited because I knew today we'd do something fun.

Bing

That was a text from my boyfriend Marcus. Marcus & have been steadily dating for about 13 months now. It's been a long ride with plenty of arguments & fights, we've been on & off so many times the relationship was starting to feel extremely toxic. I loved Marcus though, we have so much in common. He loves music & singing just as much as me. We enjoy writing too, every month we'd write a poem to or about each other & exchange them. Currently, we've had some bad blood because I'd forgotten this month's poem. It's not such a big deal, I told I'm I can just whip one to him with his Christmas gift. He wouldn't even consider my idea.

Markie ❤️😚

Ayla, where are you?

Ayla 👀

Babe, I'm at JJ's. I told you I was spending it with him since you're not in town.

Markie ❤️😚

why tf have you gotta spend it with him?!

Ayla👀

Because he is one of my closest friends! I'm allowed to be friends with & see whoever I want. I shouldn't have to even be expressing this right now.

Markie❤️😚

Bye.

*seen*

Ugh, things like this get under my skin. I know he isn't spending time with his family. I don't know who he's with. Just trusting him is all I can do. A small sigh came from behind me, I jumped.

"He being a dick again?" JJ sternly asked. I just hung my head low.

"Come on, you should just leave him. You need a real man in your life." He lifted my chin & gazed deeply into my eyes. They were beautiful, the dark brown eyes were so pretty are so easy to get lost in. He was perfect to me. He may seem overly confident on social media, but he isn't. He's down to earth too, he cares for people, he'll put the ones he loves before himself always. Not going to lie though, his swagger & a bit of ego still is in the mix of all the other things. I was starting to feel different towards him. This strange feeling of floating. When he smiled at me, it felt like I had entered a house & finally realising I'm home. Now when he was looking at me it felt like I was staring straight into galaxies, then back to the night sky with speaks of stars that scattered around the atmosphere. He was so beautiful.

"What am I doing?" I thought. I can't have feelings for JJ. I'm in a 'relationship', he has just gotten out of one & he's one of my closest friends. He dropped my chin.

"You better get ready yeah. You're gonna take forever." He chuckled.

Rolling my eyes I said; "If you insist." Then I skipped off toward the room, with JJ watching from behind.