Chapter 1

Dare

We used to be friends, inseparable but now we are not. But then he moved without telling me. I wish it wasn't that way but it is. . . I'm looking out at the gloomy terrain of the town. I'm lucky sickness has not killed me yet, as it did to my mother. I remember her sickened pale face as she lay in her deathbed. Her hair was a lovely golden brown that would always shimmer in the sunlight on a bright day. Her hazel eyes were always filled with love, even when I saw nothing to love in me. I look exactly like her, a mirror of her youth.

"Dare Emerlind, you thief! Give me back my gold!" The fruit stand man says as he chases after me.  I can run away from him and he would not be able to catch up with me.  Your so stupid Dare! You know he has a keen eye, and you still stole from him? I say to my self in my head. I've been lonely ever since Leo moved. I imagine him in a house with his mother. I remember his blond hair, how it moved in the wind. But most of all I remember his eyes, the blue and green it was so beautiful to look at. Stop it Dare. You can't think about him right now, toughen up. I run to my little shack by the river. I wash my face and put the sack of gold I stole, on my tiny table. I hear a bell ring loud and clear, the forging bell. The contest that could turn me into a royal. I shove my way through the crowds of people and up to the front.
"Oh, Avila look who it is.", I hear a soft voice say, it's Avila's minion. Avila turns around and sneers at me.
"My father told me what you did traitor, you stole from him. Soon enough I'll steal everything you have right from under your feet.", I give her a fake sweet smile and say,

"Oh do so, I have nothing to lose." She tosses her black curly hair across her dark-skinned shoulder and roles her amber eyes. I walk away from them but still stay in the front. That way I'll still see the prince without being ambushed by Avila.
"Look the parade is starting!" I hear someone shout. I look to my left and see a line of fancy carriages. Royal carriages that could have put people out of poverty. I frown and look to the carriage at the very end, the most gorgeous one, the one the prince is in. My thoughts turn to Leo. I blush as I think about Leo's, his beautiful eyes, and his hair. Dang, it Dare stop! "Look it's the prince!" A person shouts. The prince's carriage slows and I see him, blue-green eyes, blond hair. The crown Prince of the kingdom of Airidon is Leo. I almost trip over my own two feet. He scans through the crowds until his eyes land on me, he smiles a crooked grin and then turns his attention to one of his knights. Leo did not tell me he was the prince. A prince that will be king soon. Leo, my Leo, is going to be King.  

Thank you so much for reading our book!  If you like it please vote on it, add it to your reading list, and follow us