Chapter 5

Dare

"What was that?" I ask as I look at Leo for an answer. "Honestly, I don't know," Leo replied in a concerned look. There was silence for a couple of seconds and then out of nowhere. "Wait for Dare, where are your siblings?" He asked as he turned to me in concern. "I don't know they left me and you to go to the house," I say as I get so scared. What is something that happened to them, they're the only people left in my family.

    As I see Leo look at me, he understands how concerned I am. "We will find them Dare," He says in an I promise you voice. "I know, but how? And when?" I ask, and Leo realizes what I'm scared about. As I kind of get nervous, he hugs me, and it gives me a warm feeling. "Thanks, I think that I needed that," I say as I get slightly shy.

    "Also, you know that if anything does happen, I am the prince, so nothing will happen to your siblings'' Leo says as he tries to push the comforting too far. "Know, let's not get ahead, they could be perfectly fine, and that sound could be a squirrel," I say, trying to comfort myself. 

    I hear the muffled scream again as I move around to see where it is coming from, I see. "AHHH," I scream as I look down to see that my siblings aren't in their room. After I cry, Leo comes. "What's wrong?" He asks me as I start to panic.

    "My siblings are gone," I say as I sob. "Are you sure? Where could they have gone? Have you checked the whole house?" Leo asks me as I sit down and cry. "Yes, nowhere, and yes," I say as I hide my faces.

    "Don't worry, we will find them"? Leo says as he gets up and looks around the house for them. After he sits down on their bed. Where could they be, I think, and then I have a flashback to the day mom died on this bed?

I remember when dad ran away, mom got sick and I had to get money for our family.  I remember when dad came back, he stayed for the night, but when I went out to the market, he refused to come.  When I came home, Mom was dead, and he had full custody, meaning he still wanted to see my sibling and me, but we didn't want to.

"Ummm Leo, I think that my Dad could have taken my siblings, but I'm not sure?" I say in a worried state. "Well, it could be, but he should still be in prison for everything, so there is a meager chance," says Leo as he hugs me.

"Just promise me that you won't worry too much about it. . . Okay," Leo asks as he goes to sit down on the stool. "Yeah yeah, and I don't remember that stool being there," I say as I get a little suspicion, not about Leo. "It is probably from all the shock; it is okay" he says as I grab a stool and sit next to him.