-35-

[video games & rain]

Jungkook repetitively tapped his foot against the ground as he impatiently sat in one of the waiting chairs in the lobby of the hospital. He had the stuffed lion he won two days ago held tightly in his arms with a few other items as he waited for his name to be called.

"Jungkook?"

The said male stood up as fast as possible, almost tripping over because of how quick he stood up. "You can go into Taehyung's room now."

The raven haired basically began sprinting down the hall almost dropping the stuffed animal in the process. It was hard for him to run with so many things in his hands but he didn't care. Once Jungkook was at the youngers door he hesitated before opening it. He waited all week just to see Taehyung's face and here he was which caused him to pause for a moment.

He didn't want to say it but he was quite scared to see Taehyung's condition. He didn't want to see the precious boy all wrapped up in tubes, he didn't deserve it.

After the male inhaled a deep breath of air, he slowly began to open the door. As the door creaked open Jungkook peaked his head inside. Taehyung was fast asleep on the bed with the televison still on.

The sight of Taehyung's state made Jungkook's heart drop a bit. His face was pale and he seemed a bit thinner than before, but he decided not to mention it because he figured the younger probably couldn't control it.

Not wanting to wake the brunette Jungkook slowly closed the door behind him and tip toed over to where the latter was sleeping. His hair seemed a bit longer than the last time he saw him which he loved. He pulled over a chair that was next to him and sat down beside Taehyung's bed.

Not even realizing it Jungkook began to caress the side of the youngers face. He knew it wasn't probably the best idea because Taehyung had the virus but he could care less about himself. He couldn't resist it.

Jungkook was too busy focusing on the motion of his own hand to see that Taehyung's eyes were wide open by now.

"Kook?" Taehyung whispered with his raspy morning voice. The voice that Jungkook missed hearing so much. "It's me." The older stated with a smile as he stared into the youngers gorgeous eyes.

"W-what's that?" Taehyung mumbled as he pointed to the three object Jungkook was holding. The said male smiled as he held up the stuffed animal first.

"I won this for you at the festival." The raven haired told as he handed Taehyung the lion. A wide box smile formed on the youngers face as he admired the cute animal. "I also brought you this flag.. I thought you might want it."

Being the over emotional person he was Taehyung felt tears pricking at the corners of his eyes once again. He wasn't sad, but too many feelings were rushing through him as he kept looking at the presents Jungkook got him. "T-thank you.."

The older admired how happy the brunette looked looking at gifts. He was so happy that Taehyung liked what he got him, It made him feel like he accomplished something in his bland life.

"Also.." Jungkook started as he began pulling something out of the pocket on his jacket. Taehyung widened his eyes and another smile formed on his face once he saw what the older was holding.

"I thought we should have our Animal Crossing date now.." The raven haired stated as he held up the video game in his right hand. "If you don't want to we can do something els-"

"Hand me that controller." Taehyung happily told to the older as he pointed towards one of the controllers that was laying by the T.V. Jungkook excitedly smiled as well as he walked over to pick up the two objects and place the video game inside the console.

The older walked back to the bed and handed Taehyung the controller, their hands brushed against each others for a second which caused both of them to blush.

"You're gonna have to teach me how to do this." Jungkook chuckled as he sat down on the bed next to the younger who made room for him to sit. "And you're going to have to listen." Taehyung teased back. Jungkook tried not to feel sad when he looked at the tubes going up the brunette's nose but he couldn't help it.

"Hmm where are we going?" Jungkook asked once he saw the screen show a train moving along in the video game. "It's a secret."

The raven haired turned his head to the side to look at Taehyung's side profile who looked to be trying to hold back a smile. "You're not a very good teacher." The older joked causing the brunette to bite his lip. "Hey, I'm the only reason why you don't have an F in math." Taehyung scolded as he turned his own head to face Jungkook's. The two stared at each other with smiles plastered on their faces before Jungkook brought his finger up to the brunette's nose.

"Boop." The raven haired cutely sounded as he tapped the youngers nose before turning his attention away from the blushing latter and back to the game which now showed a cute character blabbing nonsense on the screen.

"He kind of talks like you, blah blah blah blah." Jungkook kept teasing which made the younger playfully pout even though he knew the older was joking. "You're mean."

"This is Rovers friend, Tom Nook." Taehyung informed trying to change the subject causing Jungkook to goofily smile. "Can I be the Tom Nook to your Rover?"

"Kook shut up you're not letting me teach you!" The brunette yelled which only made Jungkook laugh. Taehyung couldn't hold himself from laughing a bit as well when he heard the elders contagious giggle.

"Okay, now we have to make our house." The younger informed as he began moving the keys on the controller, walking his character around the house. Jungkook smirked to himself as he moved his own character up to Taehyung's and began blocking wherever he tried to move.

"Move you block of cheese." The brunette told as he began running away from Jungkook's character only causing the older to follow him. "Get out of my way or else you're sleeping outside for the first night."

"This is abusive." Jungkook mumbled as he began to back away from Taehyung's character causing the younger to laugh. As he was laughing the younger felt his lungs start to tense up making the him begin to cough. The elders smile immediately disappeared once he heard the coughs again.

"Tae are you okay?" Jungkook worriedly asked, placing his controller down so he could move all of his attention to Taehyung.

"Move.." The younger murmured between coughs, not wanting to accidentally cough on Jungkook. Taehyung really didn't want to call a doctor in but his coughs were starting to hurt his throat so the said male pushed the button beside his bed that signaled the doctors to come in.

About only twenty seconds later, multiple doctors came rushing into the room with supplies causing Jungkook's heart to fall again.

"Jungkook, you need to leave." One of the doctors informed to the said male who was about to deny until he realized him being there could only cause Taehyung more harm, so Jungkook heartbrokenly packed up the video game he brought and headed out the door.. his heart cracking every time he heard the brunette painfully cough.

Everything was going so great until Taehyung's coughs started up again, he didn't even get a chance to say goodbye as he left the hospital.

-

Jungkook parked his car outside of his house. It was raining again which brought back a certain memory to play in the raven haired males mind. Jungkook left the video game in his car as he stepped out into the middle of the street.

Rain was pouring down onto the males face as he slowly began to dance alone in the pouring water, bringing back the time when Taehyung and him danced in the rain with each other almost all night.

goodnight