Welcome! I believe you're lost.

Before we proceed, let me introduce myself. Introductions, no matter how easily forgotten and unessential at some point, are really important. Especially right now that we're going to talk about a lot of stuff here in this book and we'll be together for a couple of chapters. I guess, you should be well-informed about the things that goes beyond my name to be able to understand what I'm going to talk about. So, just like how normal introductions go, I'll tell you my name first. It's Sin Garcia. Age? I'm 23. Profession? I'm being the world's badass guidance counselor. Interests? Nothing much, but I like slapping people with harsh truths and twisted realities. There are a lot of things that a human being doesn't understand but that's nothing compared to the things that they beg not to understand. They are comfortable with their eyes closed rather than being blinded by the bright truth. Apparently, I find humour and great interest on watching people like me suffer with the dilemma of not wanting to understand. Because that's impossible.

I took up Psychology with the goal of being a psychiatrist etched in my mind. Ever since I was young, the idea of people and them having powerful minds have already fascinated me. Much more when I found out that there were specialists who study about them. I have made my goal clear, my heart is warm and ready, I am set to be a psychiatrist. I am made for this, some sort of thing. But of course, growing up takes its own process. You start to be a very hopeful kid just like what I've been to my childhood dream. But when things go toxic, and so you are, you'll realise that dreaming is made to be like that. To be dreamed. And dreams are made just to be like that, they'll forever be dreams.

Achieving them is a different topic, sticking with them lies on a different discussion as well. I have known a lot of kids at my age who changed their dreams as often as they change diapers. I have known these kids and grew up with them until it's time for us to pick a college course. It's funny. We've been studying all of our life just to get this far, to finally decide where we wanna go and where we wanna be. But guess what? The smart ones went with the courses that will challenge their brains. The dedicated ones went with the courses that they always wanted to pursue. And those who changes their dreams as often as they change their diapers? They picked a course as if they're ordering take-out.

Now here's the question, who amongst us are idiots? If you're going to ask me, I wouldn't have the answer. But if you ask me; where idiots should go? Well, apparently, we all went to college.

What pushed me to acquire such a boring job? I am young at 23, I could do a lot more things than going back to school and deal with kids who have coconuts for brains. The salary isn't high either yet the stress level could be intolerable for some. Why didn't I pursue Psychiatry just like as planned? 'Cause, that's it. That's the point. It was planned. And not everything goes as planned. And when adulting hits you hard, it does hit you hard.

Adulting blessed me the power to understand, adulting taught me that I don't have to experience things so that I can learn from it. Learning from others' experiences and watching them fail is enough. You don't have to repeat the same mistake. Adulting taught me that I shouldn't please anyone but myself, and it's also adulting that taught me that no one can pressure myself more than I can do. When you grow up you realise things, you start to lose more than you gain. You start to be in a battlefield often more than in peace. Sleep isn't rest anymore, it's a temporary death that let's you escape for a while. You start to fail more than you succeed. You start to bruise, wound, bleed and shatter more than being a better version of yourself. And the worst part is that, you heal other more than you heal you.

Adulting taught me that humans are nothing but idiots and so am I. If I can't be non-idiot, then I'll just be that-idiot-who've-been-there-and-done-that-who-guides-those-idiots-that-are-about-to-make-the-same-mistakes.

In this university, I am the youngest guidance counselor that they've ever had and yet, everyone find me intimidating and scary. Everyone knows me as a harsh counselor for I know no mercy when it comes to spilling the tea. The tea that the whole world should drink. Of course, I'll emit that cold and uninviting aura when all I can see are scattered idiots. Don't get me wrong, I don't think highly of myself, I'm an idiot as well. It just so happened that when you reach that certain level of proficiency in psych and philo, you'll start to see that there are different types and levels of idiocracy. And I can see high, ridiculous levels every time.

"So, where idiots should go?" the student that I'm on counseling session asked. He's been close to crying with all the harsh things that I've said but I admire the dedication, the guts, for him to ask that question. I can't help but grin on the very familiar question that he's not the first person to ask.

"They should go to school," I politely said with a fake warm smile. His face lightened up, as if he saw a ray of hope. "Is what they say, but for me." I crossed my legs, smiled wider and lifted my index finger pointing at the metal tin can beside the door's entrance. His smile melted away as his face began to be covered with anxiousness. I gave him a cunning grin and stifled a laugh.

"Maganda din silang itapon."

-xxxxxxxxx-

This will be Sin Garcia's personal book of student case files. The contents are highly private and are treated as confidential and personal data of the students. Events and recorded conversations that are written in this book are owned solely by the people involved. The book will be used for future researches and case studies among the students of [name deleted] university.