[Why Humans Say Sorry]

"I'm giving her to you," said by Miss Corpuz, a fat teacher approaching her early thirties. She teaches Biology for third year high school students and apparently, has the patience comparable to her neck. Almost non-existent. Whenever this teacher would enter my office, I would stop myself to grunt and hide myself in the trash can beneath my desk. She's been one of my avid and loyal customers. She doesn't have the patience to deal with problematic students, and it just so happened that this school has tons of them. "I've had enough of this kid! Hina-high blood ako!"

She shoved a girl in front of my desk. As if automatic, my eyes squinted and scanned the girl from head to toe. She's quite tall for a girl, she has milky skin and slightly thin. She has long black hair that falls just above her waist and bangs that would make her look like one of those in horror movies. She's wearing the uniform with just the right size but it still looks loose on her. She has her eyes emotionlessly stuck on the foot of my desk, her expression is cold and blunt, but I can tell that she's a bit annoyed because of the slight crease between her eyebrows. Interesting, I thought. She might be one of those students.

I shifted on my seat and of course, brought up the reliable façade that I often show my co-workers. With a slight curve on my lips, I rummaged through my files and acted as if I was trying to look for some documents.

"How can I help you this time, ma'am?" I asked. I wouldn't dare call her miss for some reasons even if the whole school calls her miss. She'll sue anyone who'll put Mrs before her surname too. "And what's with this young lady?"

She scoffed at the student, making the expression as if she's looking at a sour lemon. "Attitude. Bastos na bata. Ayaw ata nitong ma-promote sa fourth year eh. Hindi marunong gumalang!" she screeched and fanned herself as if she's trying to calm down. "Ano, sumagot ka?! Ayaw mong grumaduate?!"

Ahh, another commotion in my office. Yes, this why it's built. To cater commotions.

"Wala akong ginawa para hindi grumaduate," the student said steadily, with a slight shaking on her voice. It's as if she's trying to stay calm when she's already an erupting volcano.

"Oh 'di ba? D'yan ka magaling! Sa mga sagot sagot mo!"

Ma'am, you literally just asked her to answer you. I wonder what's wrong with her head. May bilbil sa utak?

"Alright, let's calm down," I said with a pleasant tone. I stood up and placed my hand above the teacher's shoulder so that I can calm her down. "No worries, Miss Corpuz. I'll talk to her myself. No need to stress yourself."

"Dios ko, hindi ko talaga alam kung paano pinapalaki ng mga magulang ngayon ang mga anak nila. Such undisciplined kids!" she spat while glaring down on the student who's still looking down. I just shook my head and smiled at her. "O siya, I'll leave her to you. Smack some sense on that girl's head." She said and finally left the room walking like a penguin. I escorted her of course, as a well-mannered gentleman. And locked the room once she left.

The school is a jungle, the teachers are the predators, the students are the prey. There are a lot of people like her in this realm. She have brought countless of students here for counseling when she cannot handle them anymore. I guess, I should thank her for giving me a job. However, I'm not particularly fond of her brazen attitude.

I heaved a deep sigh before I turn around and walked back towards my seat. The façade that I presented for that teacher gradually melted as I returned to my job as the world's most badass guidance counselor. Once I slumped back on my seat, I crossed my legs, rested my chin against my palm and stared at her. She's still looking at the floor, emotionless but with clenching jaws.