[Comedians]

[Comedians]

There are a few places in this world where I wandered around often. Most of the time, I would be in the guidance office, spitting bars and roasting students who needs to be bitch slapped with harsh truths. If not, I'm sure that I would be at home, in my isolated apartment reading some good books from Haruki Murakami's collection. However, this day was different. It was Friday afternoon, I was preparing myself to punch out my time card and finish the day with a cup of coffee in a nearby café. Today, I'll be spending the afternoon with a friend of mine. Just like the places I've been to, there are only few humans who managed to be qualified as my friend. I was never a social one, but at least I can talk to other people without social anxiety and I could blend well. But unlike other people, my definition with the word friend is someone who can emit the same wavelength as me. That's the reason why I hardly had any friends, so I'm a bit happy to see a friend after a tiring week.

The café wasn't any far from the university I'm working. Just a 15 minute walk, I would've ride a trike if I wished to but that would be a waste of money. And besides, being a guidance counselor is a passive job. Regardless if you're the normal one or the most badass in the world, my work is still an office work. It's not every day that I am able to stretch out some muscles, so I think it'll be a good idea to walk. The afternoon air blew softly and grazed my skin with its warm embrace. Afternoons in Manila wasn't really that likeable. Afternoons in urban cities aren't impressing at all. It's just the air getting filled with a thicker amount of combustion gasses, polluted and hot. UV rays from the sun piercing down through the damaged ozone layers (if they still exist) and you sweat, a lot. And it's not your normal sweat, the dirty ashy humid of the polluted air makes you feel sticky and dirty after you wiped your sweat. See? Walking down the roads of the city isn't really the nicest things. It might be fascinating, but it isn't nice at all.

"I have suspected that you will walk towards our rendezvous. But I didn't expect that you really would." She said with playful grin. We're currently walking side by side, my hands inside my jeans' pockets while hers are busy tugging her red shoulder bag on her right shoulder as she twirled the ends of her brown, luscious, wavy hair on the other.

"I live to surprise. I prefer myself not being caged up to anyone's expectations."

"That sounded like something you really would say." She said with a slight smile. We fell silent and continued walking. After all, we both liked to enjoy the view and let our thoughts fly whenever we walk.

I've known her for, believe me or not, good ten years. We always found ourselves enrolling to the same school and getting admitted to the same universities every time. So, even when we weren't still friendly to each other, we have always been familiar with each other's faces. I first met her when I transferred schools back in 5th grade. We weren't classmates, but our sections would take PE classes together so I get to see her often. We also went to the same junior high school, we've been classmates just for one school year way back 8th grade. But she got transferred to a higher section after that. When we graduated and entered college, we're surprised being able to stumble upon each other in the corridors of our university. By that time, even though we're not really close or acquainted, she gave me a small smile and a nod whenever we get to see each other. I replied with a nod or a brow raise to acknowledge her existence. When we reached third year, we've been classmate to a particular subject. She sat next to me and we started talking.

She's a normal girl, I must say. Pretty, yes. She likes dressing up, taking pictures, chit-chatting with other girls and painting her nails. She knows how to wear make-up enhancing her natural beauty even more. She knows what goes well with her and she knows what's not. She's fairly attractive, it wasn't a big news to me that she's popular with men and women alike since she has always been since elementary. She has her own weaknesses though. She's fragile just like other girls. Just the typical, nothing special. But that moment, when she sat next to me, talked to me until we got into an oozing, firing and burning debate about why humans believe in God, though it's not really sensible why we debated over religious stuff at the first place, it started to made sense to me. That this girl is not an ordinary one.