Chapter Forty Six: Moved In.

tw//d slur

Samantha

A week went by. Uneventful. Boring.

I hadn't talked to Harley after the party. Mostly because I was busy doing a few other things.

It was Saturday now, exactly a week after our last encounter.

I sat down on the couch and picked up my phone, dialling up the movers.

"Hello, I'm calling about the moving task I'd called about on Tuesday under Samantha Winston."

They asked for the address.

I glanced at my laptop and gave it to them before finishing up the call. And then I grabbed the bundle of papers in front of me and walked out of the penthouse.

***

The office was crowded. Alex's floor, anyway, which was bustling with employees despite it being a Saturday. I marvelled at his ability to overwork them and still keep them here as I made my way to his office.

I knocked and waited a bit before walking in.

He sat up straight in his seat, surprised to see me, as I usually don't bother visiting him.

I smiled and said, "Good morning, Alex."

"What're you doing here?"

"I just came to give you something."

"What?"

I dropped the bundle on his desk and waited, folding my arms.

He raised an eyebrow at me and went through it. I watched as his expression went from shocked to angry to resigned.

"You sure about this?" he asked.

"You got what you wanted, didn't you? This business. A lot of our properties-"

"That's fine. But what're you gonna do after? Move in with that dyke?"

"She's better off than you. And she doesn't make me feel bad about myself, or hurt me."

He scoffed.

"What about the signed documents, tying our families together and stuff? Your dad's will-"

"It's all detailed in that file I just gave you. My lawyer detailed it out on page 4 and 5. He said he wanted you to take over after he died and he wanted me to marry you. He never told me to stay married forever or run it with you."

"Don't you think that was implied?"

"Maybe. But we wasted our twenties on each other and you've given me no reason to stay. Sign it. You know you want to."

He put it down and stared up at me, folding his arms on the desk.

"You were waiting for this, weren't you? Waiting for her?"

"I got to make my parents happy, you happy, everybody's happy. And now I can be happy without offending any of you."

"Damn," he breathed out. "I'll never know what you see in her."

I shrugged.

"Hey, Dina, you can come out of the bathroom now," I called out.

Dina, his assistant, walked out of the bathroom, her hair messy, blouse buttoned up the wrong way.

"Hi," I said, smiling.

She stared at me wide-eyed and looked back at Alex, who ignored her.

"Alright, then," he said, signing it. "Here you go."

"Oh no, you can take it down to court yourself, I have a bit of work to do."

And then I walked out.

***

The truck arrived at her place a couple of hours later.

And then I followed in a taxi.

I ran up to the door first as they started taking out my books, clothes, files, etc. that couldn't possibly fit together into a car.

What can I say, retail therapy was effective.

I rang the bell and waited for her to answer. And she did, in an impressive ten seconds.

She was in a pink robe today.

"Hello," I said, smiling.

"Sam-" She looked behind me at the men with the boxes.

"What the fuck?"

"Oh yeah, I'm moving in," I said, patting her arm and walking past her into her home.

***

Hey guys!

Hope you liked this chapter!

Lemme know what you think :)

Love,

queenred