Chapter 4

The next day Eric wakes up before Ariel and decided to just watch his beautiful wife sleep. He watches the way her chest rises and falls when she breathes. After a while Ariel wakes up and stretches her arms out and accidentally hits Eric in the face. She gasps and turns to Eric. "Oh my gosh. Eric I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" She asks as she looks at his face. Eric laughs. "Ariel it's alright I'm fine. It was an accident." Eric says with a sweet smile on his face. "Oh Thank goodness." Ariel says with a sigh of relief. Eric smiles and pulls her into a kiss. Then Eric gets out of the bed and puts his robe on. "Ok Ariel, I'll be right back with our breakfast and after breakfast we can take a bath." Eric says as he puts his slippers on. "A bath?" Ariel asked with a confused look on her face. "Yes I'll explain when I get back." He says as he leaves the room. Ariel sits on the bed wondering what a bath could possibly be. She just couldn't think of anything. A few minutes later Eric comes back. "Ariel I'm back." He says as he closes the door with his foot. Ariel was lost in thought. "Ariel?" Eric says as he puts their breakfast trays on the bed. Ariel snapped out of it. "Oh I'm sorry Eric. I was just thinking about what a bath could be." She says as she takes her tray. Eric grabs his tray and sits next to her on the bed. "I thought you might be. Ok you know how when a fish dies it starts to smell bad?" He asks. Ariel nods. "Ok well if we don't clean ourselves every so often we start to smell bad. So we get into the water and use soap to clean ourselves." He explained as he starts to eat his breakfast. "Oh ok. You will teach me right?" Ariel asked with hope in her eyes. Eric laughs. "Of course sweetheart, now eat your breakfast." He says as he takes a drink of orange juice. "Ok!" Ariel says happily. She starts to eat her breakfast. After a while they finished their breakfast and put the trays on the bedside table. Eric takes Ariel to a huge bathtub. "Wow! That's a big tub." Ariel says with excitement. Eric chuckles a little. "Yes and it's all ours." He says as he wraps his arm around her naked body. Eric then turns on the water. Ariel watches it fill up. Her eyes widened. Eric then walks over to the sink and grabbed a jar of salt. Ariel wonders about this. "Eric? What's that?" She asked curiously. "This is called salt. It will make this water feel like the ocean." He says as he pours it into the tub. Then he puts the salt away and turns off the water. He then stirs the water with his hand. "Oh Eric that is so sweet of you." She says as she kissed his cheek. "Anything for you sweetie." Eric says. Eric finally got the salt all mixed into the water. "Ok it's ready." He says as he stands up and takes his robe off. Ariel's jaw drops. Eric smiles. "I know you are not used to seeing me naked yet, but there is nothing to be afraid of. Ok?" He asked with a hand on her shoulder. Ariel then smiles. "Ok!" She says with a big smile. "Ok go ahead. Get in the tub." He says. Ariel nods and slowly puts one foot in the tub. Ariel then puts the other foot in the tub. Eric smiles at his wife. "Ok Ariel now sit down." He directs. Ariel nods again and sinks into the bathtub. The water felt so good. It felt like home. Eric then joins his wife in the tub. "Oh Eric this feels just like home. Thank you!" She says as she hugs him. Eric smiles. "You're welcome. I'm glad you like it." Eric says as he kisses her head. Ariel pulls out of the embrace. "Ok Ariel now this is soap. You use it to make your body smell good." He says as he pulls the bottle of body wash out. Ariel looks at it. "Would you like me to demonstrate?" He asked. Ariel nods. "Ok we will start with the arms ok?" Ariel nods. Eric pours some of the body wash into his hands. He then starts to scrub his arms. "Woah it's bubbly!" She says with a fascinated look on her face. "Yes it does make bubbles." He says with a chuckle. "Now you try." Eric says as he pours some in her hand. She then spreads it over her arms and starts to scrub. Ariel smiles. "Great job Ariel. Now let's wash our hair." Eric says as he dunks his head in the water. Then he pours shampoo into his hand. He starts to scrub his hair. Then he pours water on top of it. Ariel loves this. After Eric is done rinsing he pours some into Ariel's have. Ariel does the same thing he did and rinsed her hair. "You are doing great Ariel. You will be just like a human in no time." He says. Ariel blushes. Ariel leans her head on his chest. "Thank you Eric. I know I don't know much about humans, but I'm just so fasinated by them." She says as she leans in for a kiss. He kisses her back. "Ariel there is no need to thank me. I'm just doing what a husband should do." Eric says as he holds her shoulders. "Well I'm just so thankful, and I am also happy I can live on land with you." She says as leans against his chest. "Oh me too." Eric replied. They finally finished their bath and dry off. Then They put on their robes and lay on the bed for a while. Eric rubs shoulder. "Ariel?" He asked. "Yes?" Ariel replied. "Do you think I could go to antlantica someday?" He asked while looking at the ceiling. "Of course! I'll talk to my father after the honeymoon and see what he can do." She says with a smile. "Ahhhh I can't wait. I have been dreaming of this my whole life." Eric says with excitement. "Really?" Ariel asks. Eric nods. "Well then we will make it happen." Ariel says. Eric kisses her head. "You are the best sweetheart." He says while kissing her one last time and they both fall asleep.