Chapter 9

The Next Day Ariel and Eric's ship arrived at a private island that Eric owned. It was a summer getaway home for him, but in this case it was his honeymoon home. Ariel was very excited. She had never been to a private island. In fact, she had never been anywhere except the ocean. Eric was excited too. It would just be the two of them. No one to remind them of things they had to do or places they had to go. That annoyed Eric from time to time. Eric was glad no one would be bothering them for the next couple of weeks, or so he thought. When they unloaded the ship, Ariel noticed there was a village beyond their little house. "Eric?" Ariel asks as she looks at him. "Yes Darling?" He asked as he put one of their suitcases down on the beach. "Do you own the whole village?" Ariel asked. "What village?" Eric asked as he raised an eyebrow. "That one over there." Ariel pointed out. Eric looked where she was pointing at. His facial expression changed to being surprised. "Well.... That wasn't here the last time I came here." Eric says as he scratched his head. "Well let's go explore." She says excitedly. "Alright." Eric agreed. So they took their stuff into the house and then left for the village. After a little bit of walking, they arrive at the village. There were people in grass skirts and there were coconut groves everywhere. Ariel was in awe. She thought it was a beautiful place. Soon they get greeted by a beautiful young girl. She had a flower leigh on her head. She had the curliest black hair Eric and Ariel had ever seen. "Aloha! My name is Moana. I am the chief of the village." Moana says with a smile. "Oh hello, My name is Prince Eric, and this is my beautiful wife, Ariel." "Well, it's very nice to meet you both....... Wait a minute.... The Prince Eric? The one who has that house at the edge of the island?" Moana asked. "Yes, but how did you know that was my house?" Eric asked. "Well when we decided to build a village here, we found the house and my friend Maui told me he saw you one summer going into the house." Moana explained. Eric looked surprised. "Who's Maui?" Ariel asked. "Oh he is a demigod of the wind and sea, and a hero to all." Moana replied. "Oh wow! But what is a demigod?" Ariel asks as she tilts her head. Moana looked at her funny. Eric put his arm around Ariel's waist. "Sorry, she doesn't know a lot about the human world yet." Eric said with a smile. "Wait but your a human." Moana was now now confused. "Yes, but I wasn't always. I am a mermaid by birth." Ariel replied. Moana was shocked but fascinated at the same time. "Oh wow! That's amazing! Do you think you could tell me and my people your story? We are very interested in hearing other people's stories." She tells them. Ariel blushes. "Well, Ariel is a little shy. I don't think she would be able to speak in front of that many people, especially since she doesn't know any of them." Eric says. "Oh well come meet my people then. They will be thrilled to have royalty in the village." Moana invited them to the luau they were having that night. Ariel looked confused at first, because she didn't know what that was, but then Eric explained what it was to her and then she became very excited. "Alright then. I'll let you guys get settled in to your private house and then we will see you here tonight." Moana says excitedly. "Alright that sounds great. We shall see you then." Eric replied. Moana waved to her new friends as they walked back to their private house outside of the village. Ariel and Eric held hands as they walked back to their honeymoon home. Ariel smiled. She was so happy. Eric looked at his beautiful wife and smiled. He could tell she was happy which filled his heart with joy. Eric just wanted her to be happy. He loved her that much. Ariel was so excited. She was meeting new people. Ariel was living her new life to the fullest. Ariel and Eric started to unpack their things. "Oh Eric this is so exciting! There are so many things I want to see. I want to see what different things grow from the ground and the stuff that grows on the trees!....." Her husband cuts her off. "Woah! Slow down darling! Let's take this one thing at a time alright?" Eric asks as he sits her down on the bed. Ariel blushes. "I'm sorry. I'm just so excited to learn everything about the human world and other world's." Ariel exclaimed. Eric couldn't help but smile. "I know sweetie, but we have to take this one step at a time." Eric said as he put his hand on her shoulder. Ariel giggles and nods. Eric kisses her head. "Don't worry you will learn everything you need to know soon enough." Eric replied. "Ok." Ariel responded. After a few more minutes they were all unpacked. "Ok we are all unpacked. Eric says as he falls back on the bed making it bounce a little. Ariel looked excited. "That looks like fun." She says. Eric laughs and pats the bed. Ariel then smiles and turns around and jumps back on the bed, causing the whole bed to shake. Eric almost fell off in the process. Eric was surprised at how much she shook the bed with how small she was. Yes she was fully grown but compared to him she was tiny. Ariel giggles. "Wow! That was fun!" Ariel shouts. "Let's do it again!" She shouts again as she starts to get up, but Eric grabbed her. "Woah, there my little mermaid. Come here." He says as he grabs her and puts her on his lap. She giggled. "We don't want to break the bed." Eric said as he held her hand. "Is that possible?" Ariel asked. "Well yes, everything breaks every now and then. Didn't you ever have a toy when you were little that broke?" Eric asked as he caressed her hand with his. Ariel thinks for a moment. "Well, yes. Actually it was right after I started obsessing over humans. I found this plush doll on a sunken ship. It was beautiful. It had brown hair and brown eyes. I carried it everywhere. One day my sister's were making fun of me and took the doll out of my hands. So I grabbed the other end and we both started tugging at it. After a few moments the doll ripped in half. I went to my bedroom and cried for hours. I loved that doll." Ariel says as she let a tear slip from her eye. Eric caught it with his finger and wiped it away. "I'm sorry honey. That's terrible." Eric says as he gently squeezed her hand. "It's alright it was a long time ago. What about you? Did you have a favorite toy?" She asked as she lies down next to him. "Oh Yeah. I had this toy train, that Grimsby gave me one year." He says as he looks up at the ceiling. "Oh really?" Ariel asked as she snuggled into his arm. "Oh Yeah. Oh you would have loved it Ariel. It was a long toy train that went around a toy train track. It would whistle every now and then too. Oh it was the greatest toy. One day I woke up and went downstairs to play with it and Max had chewed it to pieces. Ugh. I miss that train." Eric said with a smile. "Oh that's horrible. Why did Max do that?" Ariel asked. "Oh he didn't know any better. He was just a puppy back then. I was the one who was at fault. I should have put it up out of reach." Eric said as he looked over at his wife. "Oh." Ariel says. She wasn't sure what to say to that. "You see? Everything breaks every now and then." Eric says with a smile. Ariel's eyes widen. "Will we break?" Ariel asked in fear. Eric tried not to laugh but couldn't help it and burst out laughing. "No sweetie. We can break bones but we won't completely break." Eric replied. Ariel lets out a sigh of relief. Then she smiles and nods. She leans her head against his arm. He pulls her close. She closes her eyes and falls asleep happily in his arms.