Chapter 4: Day One of Training

I woke up the next morning after a Cato filled night. Well in my dreams anyway. I walked into the bathroom and washed my body and dark brown hair. After I got out I blow dried my hair and put it into two French braids. I then put on my training outfit and went to breakfast.

"What's for our, I'm sorry we are about to make you fight to death breakfast today?" I asked sitting down.

Peera burst out laughing spitting water everywhere.

"Eggs and bacon," haymitch said with a smile.

"So. Your likable and pretty. Got any talents that might help you in the games?" Haymitch asked me.

"A few, but Peeta is who you should ask. He is strong as hell," I told haymitch taking a bite of scrambled eggs.

"How strong?" He asked Peeta.

"Bags of flour. Comes with being a baker," Peeta told him.

"Now you," he said looking at me.

"I can throw knives," I said.

"How good?" Haymitch asked.

"Good enough not to starve," I told him.

"My dad takes you and your sisters squirrels. Katniss hits em in the eye and yours only have one knife mark. In the head. Everytime," Peeta said sticking up for me.

"Thank you," I told him.

"Dont show your strengths today," he told us.

"Eye eye Mentor," I told him standing up.

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"To train," I said and Peeta followed.

We took the elevator down and entered the training room. The careers were already there and I felt Catos icy glare on me.

"See ya. I'm gonna go climb a tree," I said to peeta and walked over to the trees where a small black girl was.

"Hi," she said to me uneasily.

"Hey. I'm Jasmine. Twelve," I told her starting to climb.

"Rue. Wanna race?" She asked me with an innocent smile.

"Sure," I said and we took off.

"It was a tie," I said out of breath at the top.

"I so won," she said also laughing.

"Whatever. Your fast. Good luck Rue," I said and started to climb down.

"You to Jas," she said making me freeze.

Prim was the one who always called me jas.

"If you ever need an alliance in the games. I'm here," I told her, she reminded me of prim.

"Thank you," she said and started to climb some more.

I walked over to the hand and hand fighting section. I started and learned some important things. How to block a punch, how to throw a punch, oh. And how to snap a next.

"Twleve. Meet me in the hall," I heard Cato say behind me.

I nodded my head and followed him out.

"So. What's your obsession?" I asked him leaning against the wall.

"Can you actually use a weapon?" He asked me.

"Not really," I lied easily.

"You will die," he told me.

"I'm sure you'd be happy," I told him turning to walk away.

He grabbed my wrist and turned me back to him," dont walk away from me."

"Why?" I sneered.

"You should be afraid of me," he said pulling me into him. Our faces inches apart.

"I'm not," I lied through me teeth.

"I'll show you why you should be!" He dragged me back in there.

He grabbed a sword and went into a simulation. He was amazing. Flawless even. It made me even more afraid then I already was.

He came out wearing a smirk. I kept my face emotionless, I wouldn't let him have the satisfaction.

"Whatever Two," I said grabbing the sword from his hands," let me show you how it's really done."

I went inside and waited for the simulation to start. I held the sword in my shaking hands. I've never used a sword before. Suddenly a person runs straight at me. I remember what cato did.

I stabbed the sword in their stomach and twist. I felt the wind of something and turned to see a person jumping down with a bow. I swung the sword and cut them in half.

My eyes widen as I continue to kill. I manage to pull it off before exiting the simulation. I came out to see Catos shocked express.

"I have else where to be," I said handing him the sword and going to the plant section.

It was going good until I heard a bunch of screaming.

"He took me knife!" Cato screamed trying to charge a boy from three.

"I didnt take it!" He yelled in defence as peace makers split them up.

"Whatever. Your gonna be first in the arena. Your my first kill!" Cato yelled.

I saw thresh looking up with a smile. I followed his eye sight to see rue hanging from the ceiling holding catos knife with a smile. I giggled and walked over to thresh.

"You two close?" I asked him pointing up.

"Nah. But theres something to be said about being from the same district," he told me glancing over me.

"Take care of her. I know only one comes out, but she reminds me of my sister," I told him.

"Yeah."

"How are you so strong? You come from eleven, you dont have it much better", I asked him.

"Teach me to use a sword, I'll show you how to get strong," he said making me smile.

"Deal," by the end of the day me and thresh decided to team up.

It was a good first day of training. Even though I continued to tick off a career. I was getting home to my siblings. I had to.