Space

The bed was her safe space, she didn't even dare to put her foot down on the floor. Instead, she sat with her knees hitched up to her chest, still just dressed in a bedsheet. Her gaze was fixated on the door she saw through the door frame of the bedroom. Behind that door, Kylo's mancave and in there, a pedestal, with the mask of Darth Vader on top of it. It felt as if the voice she had heard was suddenly going to materialize into a physical being, storm through the door and the doorframe into the bedroom, speaking even more confusing words.

When a being suddenly appeared at the doorframe, Ree was ready to choke the life out of it. Though, before she could get ahead of herself, she realized it was just Kylo. He didn't even look in the direction of his love, he simply opened the door to his mancave and entered, leaving it open. He hadn't noticed that she had practically jumped high at his appearance, her tensed shoulders, dried tears or just the simple fact that it was late in the afternoon and she still wasn't dressed.

The door to the mancave was left open and through the crack, Keelor saw him plugging something into one of his screens and then typing furiously at the keyboard in front of him. She wanted to argue with him, ask him how he hadn't even noticed her or how she felt. But there was no energy in her, only fear and confusion. Even though she didn't want to go anywhere near the mancave, curiosity forced her out of bed, she needed to know what Kylo had plugged into the computer which made him type so wildly.

The bedsheet didn't shield her from the coldness of the chambers, goosebumps appearing on her exposed collarbones. She stopped at the doorway to the mancave, curiosity could only take her so far. Her view was better from there but she could only see the screen the keyboard and object were shielded by Kylo's body.

He was breathing heavily, out of exhaustion but also out of excitement. After nearly two months of painstakingly searching, the Supreme Leader had finally found what he was looking for. He had never been happier.

A clearing of the throat could be heard from somewhere behind Kylo but he was too focused on the Wayfinder to even notice. Every moment he wasted not heading for Palpatine was a moment his power was on the line. The throat was cleared even louder but it fell to deaf ears. "Ky." Still no response from the Supreme Leader, "Kylo!"

The yelling had made Ren turn around, "what?" His instinct made him snap. In his mind, he couldn't fathom how someone could or dared to interrupt him at that moment. But the anger washed away as he realized who stood in the doorframe to his mancave. Even with all the adrenaline and excitement, Kylo could notice that something was off with Ree, the biggest tell was the fact that she was still wrapped in a bedsheet, in the afternoon. And the fact that she had jumped out of her own skin when he raised his voice didn't make it better.

"D-did you find it?" She tried to play it off, the fact that the smallest notion could scare her to death. He didn't answer with words, too ashamed to, so he just moved to the side, showing what was plugged into the computer. A green pyramid in a steel base with a moving red dot inside, "the Wayfinder." Ree was completely taken aback. After rummaging the entire galaxy she thought the object was nothing but fantasy but there it was.

"Mhm," Kylo nodded but it looked more like he had a pain in his neck. "You- you wanna hold it?" Was all he managed to say.

"N-No!" Her eyes quickly diverted to what stood next to the computer, the pedestal with the mask on it. She quickly took a deep breath trying to make it look like nothing, "I mean, why would I?"

"I don't know," his answer was distant but he had noticed how afraid she looked. Then he noticed where she was standing, in the doorframe, quite an awkward distance to be holding a conversation, an awkward distance from him. Didn't she want to get close to him? He had been gone for the whole day, how could he have done something when he wasn't even there, Kylo wondered. But he wasn't going to pry it out of her, she would have to share it willingly.