Chapter 7: Charity Ball

One week later
America
I have now had my memory back for a week. I'm so happy that losing my memory didn't hurt my relationship with Maxon.

Today we are having a charity ball for public schools in some of the provinces.

My family will get to come and so will Princess Nicoletta and some of my other friends. I even got to invite Celeste, even though she isn't royal. (Yes, Celeste is alive in this.) 

I'm really excited to see everyone but I hate that I can't ever spend time with Maxon during balls.

We always get pulled our separate ways talking to other royals. I don't really mind though because we usually don't have to do any work afterwards so we can be together in our room.

Today for the ball my maids have made me the most beautiful dress.

It's blue with vines going down it and it has pleats and the skirt flows down so perfectly I didn't even know a dress could look so perfect.

If anyone can make the perfect dress though it would be my maids.

A/n America's dress pictured above^^

America
I'm now ready for the ball and I'm walking down with Maxon.

This will be my first royal ball since my wedding. "Are you nervous?" I actually am nervous but I don't want Maxon to worry about me.

"I'm fine, I've just never been to a ball as a Princess before." That seemed to be the right answer because he isn't questioning me and he doesn't look worried.

He simply kissed me on the cheek and now we're standing right outside the doors to the ball room and we're about to be announced.

"Announcing Prince Maxon Schreave and Princess America Schreave of Illéa."

Maxon senses that I'm not comfortable standing in front of everyone and starts to guide me through the crowd.
———————————————————————
Maxon
I know America doesn't like being the center of attention so I'm currently guiding her through the crowd.

I'm searching for my mother but Princess Nicoletta will have to do. I

'm trying to find someone America knows to stand with. Big events like these aren't really her thing.

While she wants to help her people she doesn't want to be in the spotlight for doing so.

We've finally found Nicoletta when they announce for all the royal couples to head over to the dance floor. Oh no, America hates dancing in front of people.

I grab her hand and guide her to the dance floor. In our dancing position I have one hand on her waist and the other one holding her hand.

When I went to put my hand on her waist though, I accidentally touched her back and she winced in pain.

I wonder why her back is hurting. I don't think she has been lifting anything and I don't know why else it would hurt.
———————————————————————
America
As we get into our dancing positions Maxon accidentally touches my back and I wince in pain.

I can't look him in the eye after that or he will see right through me.

I now have my head on his shoulder and I can see an angry King Clarkson.

Oh no he must think I just told Maxon.

What will happen next? Will Clarkson cane Maxon too or will he take his anger out on America? Find out in the next chapter. Please leave a comment with your feedback. Thanks for reading!