Chapter 5

Hope you enjoy! :)

Totally not related, but Blackpink finally released a comeback!!!!!

Okay, on with the story....

V: Jungkook 

"Let us talk."

The King slowly rose from his obsidian throne, not breaking eye contact with me. I squirmed underneath his critical gaze. After a minute of intense staring, the King sighed.

"You don't feel it, do you?"

"Excuse me? Feel what?" I ventured to ask, shuffling my feet awkwardly on the marble tiles.

"The bond." He looked almost dejected. "You don't feel anything in your heart when you look at me, correct?"

"Uh..." If I did feel anything, it was probably fear and anxiety, but somehow I didn't think that was the answer he was looking for. "I'm sorry." I mumbled

The King waved his hand in a dismissive manner. "Don't be. It's not your fault. Humans are naturally dull to these kinds of feelings. Impressive minds, yes, but not very perceptive hearts, those humans." I briefly wondered if he was trying to insult my species in a nice-ish way. I decided he was, but made no comment.

He sighed, pacing around in front of his throne. I watched him, curiosity building up inside of me like a fountain.

"If I may ask, what exactly was the answer you were looking for?" I asked after a moment. He turned to stare at me again, and I gulped. I didn't think I would ever get used to those dark eyes.

"Jungkook, has Jimin explained to you the concept of soulmates?" he suddenly asked, sitting back down on his throne.

"Er... he's mentioned the word a few times, but he never really explained it in detail." Had he been supposed to? I just hoped that Jimin wouldn't get in trouble for not explaining it to me. But the King didn't look angry. In fact, he nodded, as if that made sense.

"You see, every vampire has a soulmate somewhere in the world. It's a concept that's more well known with werewolves, but we have it too. Of course, most vampires live life without ever meeting their soulmate, since the vampire world is so big. But the lucky ones that do, usually never part with them. A soulmate is someone chosen for us by the stars, and someone who we should cherish and care for until the end of our time." He looked wistfully out into nothing, a smile playing at the corner of his lips.

"Have you met your soulmate yet?" I timidly asked, and I could swear his dark eyes turned a little lighter and happier than before.

"I have... if they would accept me." he whispered, standing up yet again, and slowly making his way down the long marble stairs towards me.

I instinctively backed away, not wanting to get any closer to the Vampire King. He didn't seem like the type who would kill me instantly, but it was always good to take precautions. Besides, I didn't exactly trust him yet. A vivid picture of the victims of the vampire attacks flashed in my mind.

The King stopped a few feet away from me, an unreadable expression flickering across his face as he saw me back away. Holding out his hands, he looked at me. "Don't worry," he murmured, taking a step forward. I took one back, gripping onto the railing. "I won't hurt you."

"Please, I don't know who you are, but please get away from me." I didn't know where I had gotten the strength to say those words, but they tumbled out of my mouth. This time, obvious hurt flashed through the King's eyes, and he stopped walking.