FOUR.

CONTENT WARNING: MENTIONS OF GRAPHIC SEXUAL VIOLENCE IN 4X02

FOUR; HER FIRST MISSION

IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE THE TEAM WERE READY TO BEGIN THEIR NEWEST CASE. Derek had waved Daisy towards the conference room, where she awkwardly followed behind the group, unsure of what she was supposed to do. She assumed, that for the first case, she should sit back and watch so that she could participate later on.

Once she made it inside the room with red painted walls, a television and a round table, she found herself with a small smile on her face as Spencer offered her the chair beside him. She sat down and picked up the case file before her, opening it and swallowing when she saw the gruesome pictures of a bloodied corpse.

She felt the need to make a comment but decided against it, as the team surrounding her probably wasn't aware of her personal coping mechanisms. So, she ran her fingernail up and down the edge of the file, her brain trying to convince her that she was doing just fine.

Hotch walked into the room last, appearing rather concentrated on whatever thoughts were running through his head. He twitched a little as he sat down, and didn't acknowledge anyone except for Jennifer Jareau (who insisted Daisy call her JJ). "Let's get started."

JJ nodded, before pointing to the projector screen. "This is Delilah Grennan. She was bludgeoned and raped during the night at her home in Lower Canaan, Ohio."

"Lower where?" Emily asked. Of all the people in the BAU, Daisy had decided that the feisty dark-haired agent was her favourite. In the few days they'd known each other, the woman, ten years her senior, had taken her under her wing and made sure she was comfortable in every aspect of the new job; something about 'understanding the hostility' from their coworkers.

"Small town forty miles outside of Cincinnati," JJ replied. She was kind, but always too busy for small talk. She'd insisted Daisy join her, Emily and the tech woman, Penelope Garcia (whom she was yet to meet) for a girls night, before she was pulled in another direction by something more important.

"Staging the body face-up with the arms across the chest like that..." Spencer trailed off in thought, studying the gruesome picture with a skewed sort of fascination.

"Ritual," Morgan finished his sentence, before walking past the young genius and ruffling his hair. "Nice hair, by the way."

Daisy glanced across. She didn't realise he'd gotten it cut. Spencer awkwardly smiled and fixed his dark locks. "Thanks."

"Uh, there's more," JJ continued, using the remote to open a new file on the screen. "Small puncture wounds on her stomach. Note the lack of blood."

"So, they were done post-mortem?" Daisy asked softly, more to herself than anyone else. She was surprised to hear hums of agreement from everyone. She cleared her throat and averted her eyes from the others. "Were there any other victims?"