THIRTY NINE

unedited

also in the right order this time (sorry about the thirty eight and thirty seven fiasco to those who were confused)

THIRTY NINE. THE KEY TO BREAKING DAISY ALVAREZ

HARRISON GOT EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTED. The words he'd uttered; that was what broke her. Seething with rage, Daisy lifted her legs against the wall and pushed herself off, forcing him down to the ground with her. Accidentally tearing her dress, she whipped out her gun and held it up to his face. His eyes widened a fraction, but he didn't give her the satisfaction of his shock.

"She's not going anywhere, and you're never gonna get to her," her voice trembled furiously. She couldn't contain her anger anymore, and who could blame her? She wasn't about to let history repeat itself, even if it meant pulling the trigger on the man below her.

Harrison grinned at the emotional slip. He had the upper hand once more. Her sister. That was the key to breaking Daisy Alvarez. So, he didn't answer, he just lay with his back on the sticky bathroom floor, his tongue sticking out a little as he tried to catch his breath.

The lack of reaction seemed to drive Daisy further into rage. She grabbed his throat and felt the same urge to squeeze just as she had done to Morton so many years earlier. The only thing running through her mind was Beatrice. The image of her bloody body in Morton's basement; almost gone from the world, had stuck with her for so long. The memories of the flickering hospital lights, the lack of sleep, the fear that her baby sister wouldn't wake up - they haunted her ever thought. Who was she to chance letting that happen again? "Stay away from her, you sick bastard."

"What're you gonna do, brave girl?" he taunted, his voice hoarse from the lack of oxygen he was getting. It was clear he wasn't going to give up. Everything he'd been working towards for the past six months had led up to this, and if he was going down, he was going to break her spirit as he did so. "Maybe she'll be more respectful than you...maybe she'll keep her mouth shut."

He used the last of his strength to kick Daisy off of him, and swung his fist. Daisy fell back as he punched her in the stomach, wheezing a little at the impact. The gun clattered to the floor, and both of them looked at it, then at each other.

While Harrison dove for the gun, Daisy bent down and ran for his legs, tackling him back to the ground. His head smacked against the ground and he groaned, his hands falling either side of his body. He was completely disoriented, and Daisy once again grabbed her gun and climbed on top of him.

"FBI!" After what seemed like years, Derek and the team finally burst through the door. The first thing they saw was Daisy kneeling over Harrison's body, the gun pointed at his head. Her eyes were wide and her teeth were clenched so tightly it seemed her skull could have imploded. Spencer helped Daisy to her feet, carefully taking her gun away so that no rash decisions could be made.