Chapter Four

My mom spoke to the Guidance Counselor, and they agreed to have me stay home for two weeks. I wasn't thrilled about the make-up assignments and tests, but I was happy that I did not have to face anyone for a while. I told my mom everything that had happened, and ironically, she was really understanding.

Omar came over to check on me the next day. He knew that I was still really shaken up when he left. I felt comfortable talking to him. Although I hadn't known him very long, it seemed like we knew each other forever. Omar understood me in a way no one had before.

"Why are you letting this get to you, Riley?" Omar asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. I don't know who to trust or how to feel. If Reagan really paid the girls to be my friends, he's even worse than I thought. Now, don't even get me started on Logan or my alleged 'friends.'" I sighed.

"Things will work out. You've got a friend in me." He said reassuringly.

He couldn't stay long because he had to run errands for his mom. Shortly after he left, another car pulled into the driveway. I wasn't sure who it was, so I didn't leave the front porch.

Unfortunately, Logan stepped out of the car. I ran into the house as quickly as my legs could take me.

"Riley! Riley, please come back! I'm sorry. Please, just let me explain." Logan yelled as he ran to the front porch.

I made it into the house just in time to close the door in his face.

"Logan, I have nothing to say to you. Just go home." I said stifling my tears.

"Riley, please give me two minutes of your time. Then, I will go home." Logan begged.

"Fine," I said as I opened the door. "Why are you here?"

Logan looked me in the eyes and said, "I owe you an apology. I know I've been a jerk to you, but I didn't know how to express my feelings. I wrote you a letter telling you everything. Please read the letter, and let me know where things stand. I miss you. I miss us. I miss our friendship, and I hope we can get it back. I realize things might not be the same, but they could be better."

He didn't give me a chance to respond before he started walking away.

I didn't want to read the letter, but I knew that I should. I decided to wait until the end of my break to read the letter. I was trying to process everything that had happened, and I just wanted to be left alone. However, that didn't happen.

Around dinnertime, two cars pulled into the driveway. When the car doors opened, the smell of pizza filled the air. Out of the cars stepped Chloe, Paisley, and their boyfriends as well as Skye and Rayne. I really missed them, but I didn't know if I could trust them. The guys stayed by the car for a while to give us some girl time.