Chapter 13

"Aryaputra Arjun..." Draupadi said but Arjun turned away and left.

Is he upset with me? She thought.

She stood there perflexed. He was upset with her. He ignored her.

She sighed.

.

"Rajkumar Nakul, have you seen Aryaputra Arjun?" Draupadi asked Nakul.

"Yes, Bhabhishree." Nakul said, "I saw him walking towards the lake side, loves to go there."

"Outside the palace?"

"No,the one behind it." Nakul said.

"Okay, thank you, Dever ji." She smiled.

"Welcome." He smiled.

.

The sun was setting and it was almost dark, Arjun stood at the river side, throwing pebbles.

She walked slowly, her skin shining, the sky was reddish because it was sunset.

"Aryaputra Arjun." She called out softly.

He turned, "Yes." He replied.

"Are you upset with me?" She asked innocently.

He starred at her, not saying anything. He walked and sat on the swing and signalled her to sit beside him. It was a beautiful sight. Arjun loved to come here.

She walked and sat beside him.

"Aryaputra Arju--" he kept his finger on her lips.

"Don't say anything, just close your eyas and try to feel the beauty of the moment." He said, softly.

She nodded and closed her eyes. There was chipping of the bird going back to their places, it was calm, she found solace there... A smile lingered on her face.

"You liked it?" He asked.

She opened her lotus eyes and looked at him, "Yeah."

Arjun smiled and looked at the sun which was now dawned.

"What were you asking?" He asked.

"Are you upset with me?"

"Maybe. Maybe not." He answered.

"Hmm?" She was confused.

"You're confused?" She nodded.

"So am I." He said.

"I didn't understand." She said

"Panchali, I don't know what... I don't know what it is. You know sometimes I wish I could figure it out. Everything is happening so early... Draupadi, I.. I really adore you, I really do. I don't know how to express it. I'm sorry for everything and nothing. I don't regret anything because if I have you, I don't want anything else.. I don't. But there comes the hurdle, I don't know what you want or you are. You... I wanna know you, I wanna... I wanna be a perfect husband for you but before that I wanna be your friend, whom you can tell everything. Draupadi, you don't know what I feel when you're around, I feel nervous. I feel butterflies in stomach. I can't describe my feelings and I know sometimes intentionally or unintentionally I hurt you with my words. I wanna stand by you when no one will. I wanna know you to your depth, your sorrows and your delightness. I want to again have a swordplay with you, a more friendly one, I want to embrace you in my arms when you have a nightmare. I... I just wanna.. I just wanna.. say that... I'm not... I'm bad for you if you think I am and if there's something you don't like about me... I will change myself, only for you but you need to be open to me... You know..." He went silent, he couldn't find words, Draupadi looked at him intently and he looked down thinking what a disappointment he is.