Chapter 7 - Fridays and Burkharts

Point Place High School

It was Friday and the last day of school for the week. I was skipping out of the classroom when I bump into one of those Jocks that had been picking on Fez at the beginning of the week.

"Sorry." I reply as I go to slip past him when he wraps an arm tightly around my bicep to stop me.

"Ohh, I don't think so Jackie." He says with an amused chuckle as he pulls me along. "How about you come along with me?"

I try to yank my arm out of his hold only for his grip to tighten. The other students were out of sight quickly or not paying attention while getting things from their lockers after that which is to be expected, people tend to ignore this kind of thing don't they? It's a rather unfortunate reality.

He drags me through the crowd of people, his grip uncomfortably tight around my arm as he does so. When he pushes me outside the first thing I do is pivot on my foot and hit him in the face with my fist. His head moves slightly to the side but he doesn't let go.

With a small chuckle he lifts his hand and slaps me, I suck in a breathe at the sharpness of it as his other hand wraps around my other arm before slamming me into the wall. Okay, I'll admit I should've hit this bastard with my elbow.

"Hey." I hear a angry voice snap from behind us and grab him by the shoulder, yanking him away from me. "What the hell do you think you're doing man? Huh? Get your hands off her."

Hyde comes into view quickly, his hand wraps around the boys collar looking ready to beat the shit out of him as Eric runs over towards us, "What the hell, what happened?"

"He was harassing Jackie man." Hyde snaps as he punches the Jock in the face, the only thing keeping that boy from falling to the ground is Hyde himself.

"He what?" Eric asks Hyde softly, too softly apparently because when their eyes met it wasn't long after that Eric was right beside him looking pissed.

Hyde hits the Jock again and drops him, knocking him to the ground. Eric walks over towards him and decks the guy in the face before kicking him in the stomach.

"Asshole." They both mutter and then turn to me, concerned looks on their faces. Wow, this is so awkward right now. Nice of them, but really awkward.

Hyde makes his way over to me a bit cautiously and holds out his hand "Let's get you home Jackie."

See, normally I just handle my own problems. This is just really weird to me, I should've hit the guy with my elbow, damnit. Poor judgement move I guess.

I open my mouth to speak when Eric gently grabs my hand and drags me along behind him as Hyde follows right beside me. Then I don't know what to say, I just feel a bit awkward now. Some of the students are watching as we pass by them and I hold in a sigh of irritation.

"You are oddly silent." Hyde says quietly as he awkwardly opens the car door for me. "You're never silent man."

"He's not wrong, did that jock do something to you?" Eric asks as lets go of my hand and pats me on the back.

"No, no I'm fine I just. . It's weird is all."

"What's weird?" They ask confused as I cautiously slide into the front seat of the Cruiser, Hyde getting in shortly after I do.

The Cruiser

I think about how to answer that. "Normally I just handle all of these issues by myself is all."