Chapter 10 - The Bar

October 3rd, 1977 - Monday - 2 am

A few hours later I wake up, sitting up in my bed I look around when I hear something but my window again. I keep the light off. Looking around the room I grab one of the standing lamps, unplug it and walk towards the window. Peaking outside I see the outline of someone at the tree beside my window.

Is that Hyde? What the hell is he even doing here? Did he miss the Memo of it being sleepy time or something?

Opening the window I back out of the way as he climbs in, Eric surprisingly enough following in behind him.

"What are you two doing here?" I ask them irritably as I lock the window again after they get in.

"Keep your voice down." Eric whispers frantically, his arms waving around.

Hyde nods and whispers back, his arms crossed over his chest. He almost seems intimidating. "Yeah, ya don't wanna have your parents running in here man."

I rub my temples as I try to comprehend what's going on. Honestly they're lucky I'm coherent at all right now. It's not out of character for me to not notice what's going on when I'm tired.

"Why are you two here?" I ask them again, not even bothering to whisper. They're not home anyways.

"Whisper." They say quietly.

Rolling my eyes I lay back down on my bed, maybe I'm dreaming and they'll just go away?

3rd POV

Hyde and Eric watch as she climbs back into bed sleepily, leaving them standing there in the dark awkwardly as she lets out a yawn almost as if they aren't even there in the first place. Then they glance at each other.

"Way to go Forman." Hyde says with a whisper shout before pointing at her sleeping form. "You scared her off."

Eric's mouth opens in shock at his friend and he replies in a high pitched whisper before pointing an accusing finger at him. "I did not. You did."

They hear Jackie mumble something in her sleep as she yawns again and rolls over, her bare leg slipping out from the side of the covers. Both males swallow nervously before glaring back at each other.

Eric, feeling the most awkward out of the two of them whispers to Hyde. "Now what do we do?"

Hyde shrugs and then sits down cross legged on the floor and pulls out a blunt and asks his square friend simply. "What do you think?"

Looking awkwardly between the sleeping Jackie and his best friend Eric lets out a silent sigh before sitting beside him. "Fine. Give me a hit."

"So bossy." Hyde quips (forgetting to whisper) as he takes a hit and passes it to Eric who does the same.

Eric snorts in disbelief before whispering loudly. "That's Jackie. I'm perfectly well behaved!"

"Go 'way." They hear Jackie mutter sleepily as she swats at the air around her hitting her blanket. " 'm sleepin ashholes"

"Did she just say ash-holes man?" Hyde asks Eric with a quiet laugh as he glances fondly at the little brunette sleeping in her bed. Man, that sounds creepy, now he's a creep. Damnit.

"Maybe we should check out the house?" Eric suggests uncomfortably as he glances at the young woman. He likes her, he cares for her, but — they seem like stalkers now. Being a stalker is bad and Red would definitely kick both of their asses.

"Nah man, we should probably go home." Hyde says with a chuckle. "We came here to find out what the older Kelso said to her, not to stalk or investigate her family Forman."