Poem: Happiness

Happiness

It isn't an Action
It isn't a way of Life

It is a Feeling
An Emotion

It isn't something constant
Like a Book or changing of Seasons

It's a feeling that many take for Granted.

It is something that varies from person to person.

It is never the same.

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times if one only remembers, to turn on the light.

Some describe it as the feeling you get when you smile and something cute and funny.
Others say that it is a feeling that you receive and being around friends and family.
But the feeling of happiness is most commonly described having more positive than negative.

Huh,
And just to think I could smile at something that others would call cute and not feel a thing.
I could put on a fake face while in the presence of family but in reality be a complete mess.
And just because I have more positive things in my life than negative at the moment doesn't make me happy.

Only Grateful.

For that this short time there is less stress.

But the true question that comes to mind is,

What is true happiness?

Psychologist say that there are three main components that go into "being happy".

Pleasure
Engagement
Meaning

So what I got from that is that when you are doing an action or engaging in something that has a good meaning to it, and you have a positive feeling from it you can be happy?

Sure for some that might fit.

But not All.

In my unprofessional opinion,

Happiness is a feeling you get from doing or having something that makes you feel good.

Positive Stimulation
Feeling Worthy
Feeling Good

Happy.

There are many things in my life that are positive.

Swimming
School
Friends

It tends to create an emotion that makes me feel good.

It can't be for someone else.
It has to be for you.

You can never be truly happy, and experience happiness, until you find something that is positive for yourself.

Happiness is something that only you can create for yourself.

************************************************************************************************************

Authors Note:

Hey readers,

What did you think?

I know it wasn't too poemy but more like an explanation written in free hand poem form.

You like it?

I need topics to talk about,

Give me some!

Please

Vote

Comment

Fan

Follow

And keep on reading!

Love,

•C