2

Beep beep beep
Yvonne's thoughts were interrupted as she picked up her phone"Yvonne you didn't tell me you took a day off, I found out when I got into the office."Cecilia's tone were those of disappointment.
"Cece I'm sorry, I spent the whole morning lost in thoughts.How do I make it up to you?"Yvonne dragged herself up to the mirror."I'm on my lunch break.I can return to work late cause I don't have work on me now."
"Good for you then."
"Thanks, dress up, I'm close to your house.We're gonna go out."
"I'm not sure I want to go."
"You wanted to make it up to me right?be ready when I come."Cece said as she hung up.
Yvonne wanted a quiet day but having Cece won't be that bad,she thought.She had been thinking of men all day and couldn't take her mind off Zach."I should consider it good thing."she muttered as she slipped into a short light blue crepe chiffon gown.The knock on her door was a sign that Cecilia had arrived, Yvonne went to the front door still struggling with her right shoe"aren't you ready?"Cecilia asked as Yvonne got the shoe on her feet"I am now, let's go."The two best friends went outside and hopped into Cecilia's car.
Cecilia'cece' Abe was only thirty years old,she was happily married with two girls and she worked in the same bank as Yvonne, their friendship dated back to their primary school days.
"Where are we off to?"Yvonne asked as the car entered the main road."to bamboo lounge, I'm starving right now."
"I'm not to hungry, I have a day off."
"You don't have to rub it all in,the whole world knows that .I'm not forcing you to eat."Cecilia snapped back.Yvonnesat back to enjoy the ride but couldn't stop thinking of Zach ,she felt bad,"what if..."her thoughts were interrupted once again as Cece tapped her"we're here, let's get down."
'So soon,had I really spent the whole time thinking of Zach.'she was confused as she got down from the car."That was a short ride."Yvonne squeaked"That's what you think."Cecilia answered and took her seat opposite Yvonne before making an order which was brought to them within a short while"I thought you weren't hungry."Cece said digging into her food"I said I wasn't too hungry,it doesn't mean that I'm not hungry."she emphasized.
"I'm all in,it's your luck you have a day off."Cece stopped and when they were done,they requested for drinks"You've bee thinking of him, haven't you?"
"Who are you talking about?"Yvonne inquired sipping her Schweppes gin fizz.
"Zach Williams."Cece dropped the bombshell and continued knowing Yvonne wouldn't admit it"you were thinking about him in the car too, that's why you thought we had a short ride."
"I can't help it, I feel guilty.I'm the reason why he left Nigeria."Yvonne replied.
"That's not it at all."Cece urged trying to get into Yvonne's head "what if his the right one and I let him go like that .I may have lost my husband to someone else."
"Yvonne!that mind if yours is something else.If he loved you like he claimed, he'll come back for you."
"I'm almost thirty,and I'm not married.I have no boyfriend or fiancee."
"It isn't that bad."
"Easy for you to say cause you have Lawson.I just don't want to be single at thirty."
"It will all go well as far as I know, you will be out of this soon."
"I pray so."
"Since we're done here,do you want to go home?"
"Not if your lunch break is over."
"It isn't, I still have fifteen minutes left, where do you want to go to? I'm your driver for today."
"I need some stuffs in the house, let's hear to the shopping mall."
"As you wish .I need to also get something for the girls and Lawson too."
"So much love."
"Actually, Lawson's been gifting me alot so I challenged him that I could go something worth what he gets."
"So sweet and the girls?"
"They supported me when I said that, I promised to get them something for sticking up for me."
"Let's be on our way before you run late for work coupled with Lagos traffic."
"I'm right behind you."

***
The two grabbed a cart and walked through the mall when Yvonne looked at her right side and instantly stopped in her tracks.She hid behind one of the columns and pondered'is that really him?'she peered at a man with striking features;his small eyes,dark skin ,broad chest and that slim build,she remembered it clearly'I can't believe it, it's...zach'Cecilia joined her and asked "are you sure your okay?"
"I'm really overwhelmed right now."
"What happened?"
"Zach is her right now,over there."she pointed out and Cece peered over the rows of tissue papers obstructing her view "It's really him,this is great.You should go and talk to him."
"No way,we have to grab what we need and get out of here."Yvonne replied and quickly pushed her cart away from Zach's sight.