6

4 months later

The couple shared a platonic love, they only wished to be intimate after marriage.bThey grew more in love over the past four months, knowing themselves more and pondering about their future together.

Last December, Zach joined her in Badagry where he met her parents Mr and Mrs Oscar and Veronica Jones along with her elder sister Xenia Dane and her husband Abel with their three boys; Kingsley, Richard and Samuel of 11,6 and 4 years of age respectively.

Now they were in a new year, Yvonne wasn't concerned about being thirty years as long as she had Zach, he was all she needed.

'Today is going to be a great day.' she mumbled as she looked at her phone, the date showed up on her screen and she smiled, she was now officially 30 years old.

Texts and calls from close friends, co-workers and family members came one after the other.

Its a good thing today is a Saturday, I don't have to go to work so I have all day to myself.

But now she was awaiting Zach's call instead, she got a text.

Zach❤️: Happy birthday babe

Me: Thanks, why didn't you call?

Zach ❤️: Something urgent came up in the office, I'm busy.

Me: So you'll be busy throughout today?

Zach ❤️:It seems so but I'll find a way out as soon as I can.

Me: It's okay.

Zach ❤️: Can you go to my house right now?

Me: Is something wrong?

Zach ❤️:It's something important get there as soon as possible.

Me: Okay. I'll go right now.

Zach ❤️: Sorry for stressing you out on such an important day.

Me: No, I was bored.

Zach ❤️: Love you.

Me: Love you too.

She sank into the bed and recalled their conversation.

On my birthday! Why did he have to be working.

She was annoyed but rushed to see what was happening at Zach's house. She pulled into the the large compound with her kia forte and was startled to see a lot of busy people running around the house.

She alighted from the car and stopped to ask what was going on when Irene walked up to her.

"It's good you've come."

"What's going on here? "

"It's a party for you obviously."

"There's no need."

"It's Zach's idea of course there is a need ... let's go in, your makeup artist is waiting for you."

"Makeup artist?"

"Do you intend to attend this party with a bare face as the celebrant?"

"No but..." Irene gave her no space to continue and dragged her into the large house and then into a room.

The already waiting attendees greeted her and wished her a happy birthday as she sat down.

"Ok as we discussed nothing should go wrong the guests are already on their way." Irene instructed them.

2 hours later

Cece came into the room and acknowledged Irene and Yvonne.

"Cece you knew about this?"