Epilogue 2: She's Mine

I groaned when a warm, comforting presence pushed against me

I groaned when a warm, comforting presence pushed against me. Back to sleep, my foggy brain begged. Despite another full day of school, football practice, and eating dinner at my desk during homework, I'd stayed up late again.

From her familiar, spring-fresh soap, silky skin that made mine sandpaper in comparison and her small, delicate frame tucked into my chest, I didn't open my eyes to know who was there.

Ellie.

By instinct, I rolled onto my side toward her, slid my hand around my girl's side, and secured my hold on the small curve of her lower back. Clothed in the thin, worn fabric of her favorite, hideous donut-printed pajamas, the warmth from her body soothed my palm.

"Hi baby," I croaked like I'd gargled the whole ocean, unable to hold back a lopsided smile.

This girl kept adding to my 'Never have I ever' list, and I was a fucking simp in the process. The bed shifted as she wiggled closer. A similar warmth flowed into my torso and lower body.

Why was she here? What time was it? Heck, what day was it?

Those muddied thoughts pried open my heavy-lidded eyes. Furniture forms blocking the gray walls of my bedroom blurred into recognition. My laptop was open on my desk, the screensaver casting a sharp, eerie blue night light throughout the small space.

I blink at the most addictive dark, doe-shaped eyes gazing up at me. So dark, they almost blended into her pupils reflecting my dumbfounded, hazy expression.

Still the prettiest girl ever.

"Hmm." She hummed like she heard my thoughts and a beautiful smile graced the lips I was definitely desperate over.

"Ellie?"

Rapid blinks of my eyes brought her gorgeous face into focus. How had she gotten in here? Ugly donut pajamas aside, I was never disappointed to see her. Especially not when her fingers ran over my bare chest.

Her chilled fingertips traced random shapes over my skin, prickling it with goosebumps and sending a shiver across my shoulders. With my muscle mass, apparently not big enough according to the most recent scouts who'd approached me, my internal temperature ran hot.

Ellie called me a walking space heater, but she made it worse. I slept in my boxer briefs, but the sight of her cranked up the heat under my skin like a Bunson burner flicked on. Feeling her? Inferno level activated.

"Shh." Her eyes were almost black as coal, a fire burning within her pupils. Her small hands lifted off my chest, and her fingers threaded into my hair. With one tug on the back of my head, she brought my lips to hers.

Our mouths fused in a searing kiss and rushed a rash of heat through my body. Her lips parted, and her warm tongue dragged a slow path across my lower lip. A groan of neediness left me as I opened my mouth and swept my tongue to meet hers.